Rear wheels FIA

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Karl

Re: Rear wheels FIA

Post by Karl »

Would like to do, Bill, but my destinations for the next two weeks are called Nanchang and Wuhan! No Cobras there, but maybe copies of the copy in some years!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Karl wrote:After working nearly four weeks in the US I finally had the time today to mount my machined rear wheels today. I have taken 20 mm off, which was not too difficult with this wheel design . I think result is SVA acceptable.
Hmm. Don't understand this - Alan Broadbent fitted Gerry's Halibrands to his FIA and didn't need to machine a thing. Jag rear - what's different?

Roger
Karl

Post by Karl »

Roger,
they are 9,5 x 15 from Trigo instead of Gerry`s 8,5 x 15 . They have the same dimensions like the 427 style wheels.
Regards Karl
James Baxter

Post by James Baxter »

Alan was lucky.
We bought a Jag re-con axle from Gerry, and Hali wheels from Gerry, again for our FIA, and had to machine 3/8 inch off the backs of the wheels. Maybe he's rectified the error since.
Also intersted in all AC's, Frazer Nash, Pre-war cars
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

James Baxter wrote:Alan was lucky.
We bought a Jag re-con axle from Gerry, and Hali wheels from Gerry, again for our FIA, and had to machine 3/8 inch off the backs of the wheels. Maybe he's rectified the error since.
It's been on the road three years this August, so it's not a recent job.