Header tank

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Karl

Header tank

Post by Karl »

Ford 302 people!
I have header tank and cooler from Gerry. Should the outlet from tank to cooler be angled to the right like in picture atttached? I have seen header tank with outlet straight forward.
Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Header tank

Post by Hawk289 »

Karl,

Is that Gerry's raditor? The oulet looks to far across, assume rover raditor. Here is a picture of my first fawk. Also have a look at http://www.cobra289.com for more information.

John.
Karl

Post by Karl »

John,
yes, that would clarify the situation, because Gerrys says that I have the correct header tank. My cooler(also from Gerry) is for sure different, as you can see on the pic attached.
Thanks Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Gentlemen,
I have to come back to the header tank issue. Gerry states that I have header tank for Ford and my cooler is for Ford, but I think everybody can see from the picture that it is not going together like it is. Has anybody (seen) header tank with straight outlet on the cooler side? That would be perfect for the connection.
Regards Karl
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Karl,
I agree with John. The header tank appears to be right, but the radiator looks wrong. On my 302 rad, the inlet from the engine/header tank is further over. My header tank outlets are angled the same as yours.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks for the pictures Clive. When you have a cooler connection like you and James have it looks okay. I have send the same pictures to Gerry, but he tells me that it is his latest Ford cooler. Does anybody have a Rover cooler picture so that I can compare that to the cooler I have?
Thanks Karl
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Karl,
I think you will find it extremely difficult to connect a hose from the header tank to the radiator at that angle and length. I think if the radiator you have is a new Ford one then the header tank needs to be modified so the outlet pipe is straight.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
RUT220G

Post by RUT220G »

Hi,

I have the Rover engine and cooling system. Don't have a picture to hand but I can tell you no way would it fit your setup. The outlets from the header tank go off to the left, not to the right as yours do. The inlet to the radiator is on the far left so the Rover header tank would be of no use to you. If you want a picture I'll see what I can do.
Allan Tunstall
Wynterburne

Post by Wynterburne »

This is a Rover installation and the connections are on the opposite side to the Ford.

Richard
Karl

Post by Karl »

So I think Gerry should have a new Ford header tank to suit the new Ford radiator???
Karl (Thanks for the info)