Rear lights

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
RUT220G

Re: Rear lights

Post by RUT220G »

Quite an ingenius solution Migge - very impressed. I have taken a slightly different route to this as I liked the uncluttered look at the rear with no amber indicator lights making the stop lamp flash to indicate turn direction, like the old cars did.

The lucas solution is to buy and wire into the loom an LB10 relay. Stafford Vehicle Components supply these at a cost of approx £80 but I decided as the relay would be hidden to adopt using components from Maplin (2 x 10amp DPDT Relays + small plastic box) bought from Maplin. The relays cost £4.35 each and the box was £0.98. If anyone wants more detail I have a small Word Document that is in the process of being written that tells you how to wire them up and fit into the Hawk loom.

One problem I foresee is that when you have an MOT, any car that is registered after September 1965 then they must have separate amber flashing indicators, so depending on your MOT guy you may or may not get away with this modification. I plan to get around this by having temporary amber indicators I can fit to the rear bumber for MOT if necessary.
Allan Tunstall