Got my new toy!

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
v8bassman

Got my new toy!

Post by v8bassman »

Thought I'd let you all know my Hawk kit arrived Wednesday. I've tried to upload some pics form my gallery on the CRC site but cant seem to get the link to work.
Anyway, the garage is now full of boxes of bits, time to start work!
Dave
1965 Mustang Fastback
kaiserbilly1

Re: Got my new toy!

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Dave

Do you have a photobucket account, if you do I can talk you through how to upload photos like this one

No cobras but still at least a nice chassis, I say ding dong
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

Thanks Bill,
I've now opened a photobucket account and uploaded a few pics onto it, then tried to transfer an image into a reply here. However, I either get half a picture or a thumbnail so your guidance woulld be much appreciated.
Dave
1965 Mustang Fastback
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Dave,
When you upload to Photobucket, under the "Choose Files" box, select "reduce to 640 x 480" and upload. Once you have uploaded to photobucket, under the image you want to post, left click on the IMG Code and this will highlight the code. Right click on that and then left click on "Copy". Next go to your 289 post and right click to open the options and left click "Paste" and hey presto - Bob's Your Uncle! :lol: :wink:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

Dave
1965 Mustang Fastback
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Lovely.

Nice shiny engine too, and the 'proper' make - shame about the alternator though - either that goes or the steering column does.
Gerry uses a GM alternator, mounted on the L side of the engine.

Roger
Karl

Post by Karl »

Dave, hope you get the bonnet closed! I could only with a flies eye type filter and a lot of cutting work!
Roger is right with the steering, alt must go to other side. Anyway, we all have our problems when going through the build,as you can see from my posts. Did you get the correct header tank from Gerry for Ford engine with "new" Ford radiator?
Happy building!
Karl
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

If you have an Edelbrock Performer manifold, or similar, then an Edel carb on a 289 (or 302) will fit under with no problem. A little juggling of air filter parts can look right, too.

Roger
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Dave, I've just had to renew my alternator as the old one was knackered and it was going to be £50 to refurbish it. I got a new one from LSUK (Formerly Lucas) Part Number 110233 for £78.96 incl Vat with 12 months warranty. Direct replacement from the original.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

Thanks for your replies chaps. Since taking the engine photo i've relocated the alternator to the upper position but still on that side of the engine, and changed the air filter base to the low-rider type so it now sits about 2.1/2" lower. The inlet manifold is an Edelbrock Performer so hopefully that will give enough clearance.
Dave
1965 Mustang Fastback