yellow peril seats

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
jeff

yellow peril seats

Post by jeff »

Hi Marcus,

I am building a 289 fia with a roof I am over 6 feet tall and having trouble getting under the roof I need to sit on the floor basically....what are your seats in the yellow peril do they give you enough room before you hit your legs on the dashboard.

Reghards

Jeff
I want you to lay down your life, Perkins." "Right sir!" "We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war
Richard B

Re: yellow peril seats

Post by Richard B »

Jeff

I am also quite tall for my height & have an FIA, although no roof.

I am just about OK with my knees under the dashboard, having not fitted any runners & taken a lot of padding out of the seat, mainly to make sure I felt sat down in ,rather than on, the old girl . Being not overly short of my own padding in the ars* department I haven't found it uncomfortable.
Hawk289FIA

Post by Hawk289FIA »

Jeff

Apologies firstly for not posting sooner. I hadn't seen your message in this area of the Board. To answer your question, if it's still relevant, I am just 6ft tall and have a Le Mans hardtop. I fit comfortably in the cockpit with a 15" leather trimmed steering wheel and no problem with the dash. However, I don't have standard seats - mine are Corbeau race buckets so it probably doesn't give you an equal comparison. Kris (RichMixture) is taller than me, has a hardtop and the correct seats and I don't think has any problems, so dont' know whether you want to see how he gets on.

Marcus
Marcus "I've got a Hawk and I can't stop grinning"
richmixture

Post by richmixture »

Jeff,

Just seen the thread here about the seats, I have a le mans hardtop, traditional race bucket for FIA - it bolts straight to the floor, and i have a 15" wheel, I cant go any bigger, my legs get in the way.
I am 6' 3" and I have about 1.5" - 2" headroom, and my legs just fit under the dash, they find themselve a place with my knee towards the transmission tunnel, and the other by the hindge

Hope that helps. with a road seat, I can squeeze in, some of my pals have that, but its a pain in the rear to get in and out of, esp with a roof. It would personally do me no favours having that in the driving seat.
8)
Kris
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thanks for your views chaps.... I am a bit preoccupied at the moment I have my SVA test on Monday 20 th.....for the moment I have gone for non standard seats from intatrim, the same as Karl, which hopefully will sit me on the floor...I hope.

Regards

Jeff
I want you to lay down your life, Perkins." "Right sir!" "We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Good luck for Monday. Let us know how you get on.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)