New Build.

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
lloyd99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: New Build.

Post by lloyd99 »

wow Clive that looks amazing!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Full of crap now, Lloyd! :shock: :shock:
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

You need to give it a clear out and get the Scalextric out again :roll:

clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I've never been a fan of Scalextric, even though my folks sold it in the shop. :?
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Bah humbug :wink:
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

My track is Ninco - the track's wider, more gradual curves are available and the joints are much more reliable. Unfortunately it's all stored in the roof at the moment. I used to have a huge circuit (lap time was 50 sec!!) laid in our upstairs room (the entire roof space, as the steel frame means no roof trusses) until our daughter took it over as a 'studio'. I think the racing's better than Scalextric as the cars stay on better (less skirting board damage)... and there are some truly great cars out there!! Here are a choice few of my embarrassingly large garage: The Ferrari and T70 are Fly, the others Monogram and Revel - just a small selection…

CobStang

Post by CobStang »

So how many straight bits of track did you need to run the car at the bottom ? Guess you had a long loft !
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

It would seem that we share another common interest Roger :roll:
I had the Scalextric "bug" bad for a few years. Have well over 100 cars and tons of track (that's my circuit in the above picture) and accessories :shock:
The picture shows a collection of Fly cars all from the 1970 Le Mans 24 Hour race. I still have a few to collect, mainly the No 20, 21 and 22 Gulf Porsche's, but these are hard to find now and expensive, an Ebay challenge for Migge perhaps ????
Thankfully I am getting out more now, well at least to my garage to polish and fettle the Cobra :wink:

kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

HELP ME, I've just found this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLY-GULF-TEAM ... 58aa203eb8
Roger, see what you've done :cry:
Get yee back Satin.
Last edited by kaiserbilly1 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Well, who'd have thought it. The Fly cars are just beautiful, and I have a fair few, but probably not as many as 100!
As to the length of straight, yes it was long, but I have to admit that the cars shown have never run! I have a large-ish collection of ones I just like the look of. There's a whole box full of others that used to race, but as Colin's finding out, if you race properly things get broken so they're generally not as pretty. A good few 512s and T70s, though - my particular favourites. I never got around to GT40s - Alan Broadbent's got those!