Rover and MGB parts for sale.

For Sale and Wanted Section
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Rover and MGB parts for sale.

Post by Dave Woodward »

Not for everybody I know but as my Rover based 289 has undergone a number of developments over the years I find myself with a collection of components that somebody embarking on a new build may be interested in. The latest change involves transplanting a Ford 289 plus Toploader so my list now includes an excellent and faithful 4.6 litre Rover built by Holley at RPI Engineering. Below is the complete list.
Feel free to PM me if you are interested in anything. I'm happy to accept offers for items though would request sensible offers for the engine. This is the same engine you will have seen in my car if you have joined me on any of the 289 roadtrips, Le Mans Classics, or Silverstone Classic trips.

Items:
MGB front lever arm dampers, wishbones, pans and springs
MGB Rear Lever arm dampers (leaf springs are still on my car)
Anti roll bar (5/8")
Radiator (used) to suit Rover installation
Aluminium expansion tank (used) to suit Rover installation (see pic)
Spare pancake filter (14" diameter)
Exhaust headers and elbows to suit Rover installation
LT77 Transmission with shortened selector (always faithful though baulk plate needs a litte adjustment to ease 1st to 2nd selection)
RPI 4.6L Rover V8 turnkey (c. 9k miles - sensibly driven with regular oil changes etc) to include all ancillaries (edelbrock 600cfm carb and manifold, Cobra rocker covers, all pulleys, electronic dizzy, alternator, new starter, pancake filter,etc) - dyno report showing 215 bhp / 250 lbft

Suspension and anti roll bar items are currently in the North West.
Other items are in Essex currently being removed from car but will be available in the next few weeks.

Regards.

Dave.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Rover and MGB parts for sale.

Post by clive »

Hi Dave,
You have a PM.