289 wanted

For Sale and Wanted Section
Sergio

289 wanted

Post by Sergio »

Hi All,
Just arrived on this forum so let me Do a resume.....it is already few months that I am investigating the market to buy my Cobra...replica of course to drive here in Italy.
I start on the most popular 427 but as I was learning about cobra I slightly turn my attention on the 289 that definitelly convinced me....
Conclusion...there are few 289 currently on sale but all rover engined...and this is not an option for me.
The ford/chevy engined one are in USA and are not affordable for me.
I am not looking for a stunning perfect car but something to refurbish or to be completed.
So...if you here or know about 289 for sale please let me know I will appreciate your support.
Thanks in advance for your support
Ciao
Sergio
Sergio

Re: 289 wanted

Post by Sergio »

Hi my friend,
Thanks for good advice and here come my comments:
1. Very nice and it is an hawk !! But two difects , out of budget and too perfect I should only drive so I would miss the best part
2. Same as above
3. Once again ...same as above
4. Ahahah.....what is that?!?!?
5. Sold... :(
And
6. Perfect!!!
Cheers
Sergio
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Hi Sergio,

One problem you will face is that unlike the masses of 427s available, where you are likely to find plenty of tired examples ripe for refurbishment, there are nowhere near as many 289s and it is rare you'll see one in poor condition. However, if I hear of anything that might fit your criteria, I'll let you know.

In the mean time, keep visiting this site and trawling the net – Happy hunting!

Phil
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Hi Phil,
Thanks I do appreciate.
S