For Sale and Wanted Section
Migge

Re: Daytona

Post by Migge »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Special customized BRA289
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

Being a renowned seller of old classic cars with large price tags, I suppose he's in a good position to sell at prices like that. I imagine he has a reputation & people will sit up and take notice when he's selling a car. He can also sit on it for years I imagine until someone turns up with the money.
Although why would anyone buy at that price when You can get an Ally Kirkham for $250k (ish). Only plus on my old one is that it's registered as a 65 Daytona.

I have arranged for a palastinian hit squad ... I'm not bitter, not bitter at all :)
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

catsx11 wrote:hope you didn't take my previous comments
God no, not at all. Lets face it, if I'd put this up for sale for even half that amount I'd have been laughed out of the club. There's no way on gods green earth I could have put it up for sale at such a rediculous price.
It is after all a plastic replica, albeit a good one ... well apart from the ignition electrics which keeps blowing 40amp fuses, the wipers stopped working, it p*sses in water when it rains (& I means p*sses in ... you keep drier in an open top), the rear axles got a nasty noise when you brake & go over pot holes, it started only indicating right????? and now the clutch has gone .... twas a great car I'll miss it.
Will I always wonder if I could have got more? .... well of course I will, but there's no use fretting over something that's in the past. (just going to the toilet now for a quick weep)

Onward and upward ... just need to find a Kirkham 289 now. Although I might get in touch with the guy that owns the other Daytona and se how much he wants for it .... then undercut my old one by half :D
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

DaleB wrote:...Will I always wonder if I could have got more? .... well of course I will, but there's no use fretting over something that's in the past. (just going to the toilet now for a quick weep) :D
Could be worse...Dad bought 39PH for £1600, sold it for £2500, and now...what...probably close to £2m!!!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:
DaleB wrote:...Will I always wonder if I could have got more? .... well of course I will, but there's no use fretting over something that's in the past. (just going to the toilet now for a quick weep) :D
Could be worse...Dad bought 39PH for £1600, sold it for £2500, and now...what...probably close to £2m!!!
OK, a bit of perspective here: if 39PH is really at around 2m now, then there is no way, with all due respect to Dale, that this Daytona is worth over half that. Provenance is the buzzword these days, and whilst meinherr can say that a couple of racing drivers have sat in it, no part of it has ever raced, or is likely to. It is a great and stunning car, but it has no history (forgive me, Dale). It's not aluminium, it's not tubular framed (I think), it's not a date-coded 5-bolt hipo and it's not leafsprung.
This fellow has bought it for his collection, put a silly price on it, and if someone is daft enough to pay it sometime during the next couple of years or so, then fine - but I would think a realistic valuation for someone who wanted to sell it would be around the 80-100k mark.

Sleep fine tonight, Dale, this is not real!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Now also on his own website with the price: 1.500.000,00 € + VAT
Gangster
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

nikbj68 wrote:

Ouch!!!
cheers..Nige
Karl

Post by Karl »

The guy is now showing page 17 of the 289 register news No.43 on his website!