Daytona

For Sale and Wanted Section
Dale Bowman

Re: Daytona

Post by Dale Bowman »

PaulB wrote:
DaleB wrote:Thats the very fellow ... he's adding to his collection.

Picking up tomorrow
I suspect "inventory" might be closer to the truth. He maybe didn't want to let on that he was a dealer to give the impression he was going to keep it for himself. Time will tell, but it will be interesting to see if it appears on his website and for how much. You might not want to see Dale. :wink:
I knew he "dealt" in cars from the beginning. He has a personal collection of 25 ... now 26 cars & has the website & the occasional sale of one or two a year is so that he can have a traders number plate & the insurance and road tax that goes with it. He's only sold 2 cars this year and they were ones he bought to sell straight on to keep the illusion of being a trader ......... shouldn't be so sceptical Paul :-)
Besides, as long as I happy with my price I'm not fussed with what he does
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

DaleB wrote:Besides, as long as I happy with my price I'm not fussed with what he does
Absolutely, couldn't agree more. After all, it is "only" a car and it's not like you've sold one of your kids. :wink:

I didn't mean to come across as sceptical Dale. He has some beautiful cars and the Daytona is very different, so he must have thought it was pretty special. 8)

As I said, well done you. :)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Car is already on the website "For sale" price to be asked. A lot of pictures, even from Chateau Dobert! Jack Sears wanted to buy the car, He and Bob Bondurant have been sitting in there and so on! Car with british registration, 1965 Daytona. Typical salesman!
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

Karl wrote:Car is already on the website "For sale" price to be asked. A lot of pictures, even from Chateau Dobert! Jack Sears wanted to buy the car, He and Bob Bondurant have been sitting in there and so on! Car with british registration, 1965 Daytona. Typical salesman!
LOL ... as long as he's happy .... He burnt the clutch out on the way to Freidrichshafen :-)

Migge

Post by Migge »

The price has gone a little up I guess :-)

http://www.classicdriver.com/de/car/ac/ ... 965/263193
Special customized BRA289
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

Bugger me

nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

DaleB wrote:...as long as I happy with my price I'm not fussed with what he does
Still? :wink:
Blimey.... does he think he found a real one hidden under a replica`s I.D.? :roll:

Buyers will be forming an orderly queue. :lol:

Of course, it could be that he doesn`t want to sell it at all....
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Sorry chaps, something wrong with my screen - it's showing strings of zeros on the end of numbers. Is that for real? I mean, really real? It's a gorgeous car, but it's a replica...
Worrying in the extreme. This to be a 'not really for sale' price, but even so...
Migge

Post by Migge »

Yes a great car, have seen it just one time in the flesh Dave and before the changing at the suspension etc..

But even a replica with original chassis etc. specification cost just a fraction of the asking price.
Special customized BRA289
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

good luck to the guy - a 50% markup on what you sold it for....
Finally sorted Dax 'AC 289' after 4 years in the wilderness.