Daytona

For Sale and Wanted Section
Dale Bowman

Re: Daytona

Post by Dale Bowman »

Can you believe it I got an email from Holger Koenig asking where some parts were that I'd posted to him when first sold ... here's the email with an explanation of the £1.5m profit .........

Hello Dale,
this car may be inserted partnership he is not sold. The ad is a test of whether we
should build as one or two cars with a Alukarosse. There are currently Bentley and
the replicas of Ferrari and the ad we can see if and how many people come forward.
If we rebuild costs two or three Daytona with a Alubody and a small fortune so the
demand might be tested. that's all.

Best regards
Holger

Holger,

It must have got lost in the post but I think that with a £1.4million profit you can
afford to buy your own parts.

I'm not so much annoyed that you're selling it for a large amount of money but that
you reduced my price knowing you were going to sell for such a large amount of
profit. The money you took off my price means more to me than it does to you
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were you Dale. He hasn't got a hope in hell of getting that price, or anywhere near it. Any potential buyer could have a completely accurate aluminium Kirkham for a fraction of that price.
When all's said and done, it is the buyer's prerogative to buy at the lowest price he can, regardless of what he/she plans to do with it afterwards. As the seller, you then have the choice to either accept or reject their offer.
Focus on getting a suitable replacement. :)

Happy Christmas,
Paul
Karl

Post by Karl »

Funny enough, the UK Cobra club forum has now found Dales Daytona! Maybe it ends up for 1,5 million € again in the UK!
Tapped

Post by Tapped »

Karl wrote:Funny enough, the UK Cobra club forum has now found Dales Daytona! Maybe it ends up for 1,5 million € again in the UK!
I emailed Herr Grosse Profits but he declined to advise the price (its not on the current ad). I suspect its still in the "think of a number and then lean on the zero key" region.

Whilst undoubtedly pretty at the end of the day its plastic, it has a basic back axle and it makes a Shelby 50th look a bargain (who'd have thought that was possible?). Best of luck to him :D