Hawk 289 for sale...

For Sale and Wanted Section
phid

Hawk 289 for sale...

Post by phid »

Due to impending changes in my employment and pressure to have something with 4 seats, I am tentatively putting my Hawk 289 up for sale.

It's a standard Hawk with live MG rear axle and us running a RV8 3500 out of a Vitesse and a reconditioned LT77 gearbox I put in less than a year ago. Engine is really strong and is standard other than the Holley carb and Edelbrock inlet manifold. It drives beautifully and makes a most wonderful noise right through the range.

The car is complete, first registered in Aug 2011 by Talon sports cars. So first MOT is booked in for next Saturday.

Interior includes correct dash with Smiths electronic instruments, Motalita wheel, Hawk carpets and lovely leather Cobra seats.

The car is still in its BRG gel coat so a blank canvas for its next owner. As it's unpainted door, boot and bonnet seals are not yet on the car and there are no press studs for a tonneau cover - therefore not weather proof.

I'm looking for £20k. The car is on Dorset/Hampshire border and weather permitting will be at Revival in a fortnight.

Apologies - I can't seem to add any pictures 'board attachment quota has been reached'? See UK Cobra forum link (http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/otr-cars ... -sale.html) for some pictures - I can email more if required.

Thanks
Philip
Last edited by phid on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hawk 289 for sale...

Post by nikbj68 »

Is this showing up? Viewers would need to be logged in to the Cobraclub forum to view pics...
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
phid

Post by phid »

It is showing up - thank you.
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Looks very nice, I think you are under valuing her at £20K :shock:
£25K I would have thought would be a better start price ???
Remember 289's are rare.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I have to agree with Bill. One of our members has just sold his Rover engined 289 for £28k, although painted and with a Jag IRS. £25k would be more realistic even at this time of the year.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
phid

Post by phid »

Hi
Thanks for advice on price. My rationale was that a complete and painted rover engined car was worth about £25k and therefore I should knock off the price of a good spray job and the few bits to finish. If £28k is potentially nearer the mark for a completed car then I am indeed under-valuing. I think I will put it on car and classic for £23,995 and play up the blank canvas point - it can be any colour you want!
Many thanks
Philip
phid

Post by phid »

Here is link to Car and Classic advert:
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C534638
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Good luck with the sale.
I would advise to sell the LM hard top separately, it's worth good money on it's own and I think Nige might be interested in it.
Nige ?????
phid

Post by phid »

Thanks - Nige, if interested in the hardtop please PM me.
Cheers
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Do you have a photo of the LM top that you could share ???