FIA spinners for MG hubs

For Sale and Wanted Section
Karl

Re: FIA spinners for MG hubs

Post by Karl »

Well, if you really are unsure, measure the angle at your hub, at the rear and front of your wheel, should all be 60 deg. Contact should be on the complete area. Measure the diameter across the splines, should be 62,5 mm. Count your splines, should be 75. Than measure the length of your splines, should be 62 mm (long). Check that the splines in the wheel are sitting exactly in the splines of the hub when the wheel is pushed fully inward. Check the length of thread in front of the wheel, if the spinner can be fully seated. Would be good if you can borrow a spinner for testing.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I think Dave Brookes is having spinners made and he can probably machine a different angle if required.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Dave Woodward wrote:Think they must have an agreement with Gerry as they are not interested.
Orson have changed policy and only do large runs these days.
I had special hub adapters made for my Jag outboard disc conversion a few years back, but they won't do small numbers now.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Just out of interest, in 2007 I ordered eight sets of AC spinners, for members with 289 wire wheels, direct from Orson. The cost then was just under £100 a set if I remember correctly.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

clive wrote:I ordered eight sets
Any left :wink:
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Sorry Dave, they were all pre-ordered following a thread I started back in '07. I had them delivered to me and distributed them at Silverstone. I'm sure that the number of cars that have been built since then there would be a demand for more. Perhaps it's time someone started a new thread and see if there is a demand.
Cheers, Clive.

Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Ho ho. No, I doubt it, they were 'pre-booked' - and anyway they were chromed two-eared spinners.

I didn't think Orson made the open FIA-type spinners, but may well be wrong. Anyhow as I said their company policy has changed and they will only do large numbers, I think around 200-ish. Can't remember where I saw this - on another forum, I think. I'd look in the States.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Perhaps it's worth giving Orson a phone call to confim?
Cheers, Clive.

Roger King

Post by Roger King »

clive wrote:Perhaps it's worth giving Orson a phone call to confim?
I think Dave's already tried that, Clive.
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Interesting because a few years back they did some one offs for a friend fitting Delage wires. Before I realised that XK hubs only needed light machining to fit the LeaF I sent drawings as he had but they said no. Says on the website they do one offs except that when I checked yesterday I got one website with green colour scheme and the one I remember with a blue scheme. Sounds like they now have enough OEM work for retailers without doing one offs. Shame if so.
Robin