Original style washer jets

For Sale and Wanted Section
289jlc

Original style washer jets

Post by 289jlc »

FOR SALE : - ORIGINAL STYLE COBRA 289 WASHER JETS, THESE ARE FAITHFUL REPRODUCTION WASHER JETS. CHROME OVER BRASS, BOTTOM PLATE IS STAINLESS, I EVEN HAD THE WORD 'TOP' PUT INTO THE BOTTOM PLATE. I HAD THESE COMMISSIONED AS THEY ARE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND AND A SUPPLIER IN THE UK WANTED £210 A SET.

THEY DO NOT COME WITH MOUNTING SCREWS AS THIS IS A PERSONAL CHOICE FOR THE CAR YOU ARE BUILDING BE IT ALUMINIUM OR FIBREGLASS, I ONLY HAVE A FEW SETS LEFT. THE PRICE IS FOR A PAIR OF WASHER JETS, I DO HAVE SOME WITH TWIN HOLES IN IF YOU PREFER.

£80 PER SET PLUS SHIPPING IS TO UK FOR £6.50. I WILL SHIP TO USA (NOT SOUTH AMERICA) AS THE COST FOR SHIPPING TO USA IS AROUND £12.00 BUT PLEASE MESSAGE ME FIRST TO WORK OUT THE TOTAL COSTS

PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. THANKS LEE 07932 565091 the details and pics are in the link below

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56228
Roger King

Re: Original style washer jets

Post by Roger King »

I can personally vouch for these - they are very, very good, and Lee is a very nice chap to deal with. I have put them next to a set of originals and they are really excellent.

Roger
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

High praise indeed, well done Lee.

Paul
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
289jlc

Post by 289jlc »

I appreciate your kind comments, I still have approx 10 sets left but I have kept 2 sets as spare parts should a single part be lost. Therefore 8 sets left.

I am looking at the twin fans again, the set on my car were the basis of the pattern but finding who supplies the Lucas fan motors has been a challenge, therefore I may have to buy them at retail but they will give me a discount to buy 10, again 5 sets. I was let down last year but I am not deterred..

But I did notice a recent thread showing an original car having only 1 fan as opposed to 2, but I will be doing the twin fans.

I will be looking to having them by June/July, watch this space!

Thanks again for your comments,

Lee
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

The road 427's had a single fan. The twin fans were fitted to the race cars when they were converted to S/C's

I fitted a pair to mine over the winter, although they aren't connected up because they very quickly self-destruct if they're used, so mine just spin in the breeze.

Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Pretty sure the stock road 289 used a single fan mounted in front of the radiator, using a Lucas windscreen wiper motor, with a somewhat rudimentary blade.

I have a certain degree of doubt regarding the effectiveness of this!

Roger
289jlc

Post by 289jlc »

Looks like a lawnmower blade! It would certainly be good at trimming your finger nails.......,,