Anyone feeling brave?

For Sale and Wanted Section
agnoraan

Re: Anyone feeling brave?

Post by agnoraan »

I don't know about brave but I was interested in that as a basis for my "Insanity" car. I had an alert on Wednesday morning saying it was up for sale, I phoned them but it had already sold. :cry:
Nige
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxakarudy

Post by Maxakarudy »

Sounded too cheap to me, there are many "crashed" cars that have been resurected and sharing a chassis number, this was a risky buy imo.

Martin
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Maxakarudy wrote:Sounded too cheap to me, there are many "crashed" cars that have been resurected and sharing a chassis number, this was a risky buy imo.

Martin
I agree Martin, it could have been a clone of a clone. I had my "research department " (aka Nik...thanks mate ;-)) give me info on the history of the car. It was built from scratch by Emilio Garcia back in the '70's and never came from the AC factory but it did have a CSX or COB chassis number. ;-)
Nige
Maxakarudy

Post by Maxakarudy »

At 25k with b/s history its an expensive mistake as I thought, I would rather buy one of Gerry H's chassis's
An genuine AC chassis with provenance would be 100k+
Martin
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

My thoughts exactly. Although 200k might be nearer the mark - the condition of the car (or pile of bits) is completely irrelevant, it's the provenance that matters.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

I have a feeling that as a finished car, this could still be a £150K+ motor (especially if it has a 'valid' logbook :wink: ), it just surprises me that it`s not been tackled before.
I have ACtion magazines from period with photos of it stuffed, will try to find & post.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:I have a feeling that as a finished car, this could still be a £150K+ motor (especially if it has a 'valid' logbook :wink: ), it just surprises me that it`s not been tackled before.
I have ACtion magazines from period with photos of it stuffed, will try to find & post.
If by 'valid' you mean correctly registered, I would agree if it's completed carefully. At least 150k, quite possibly a good bit more. Nominal value only if it's registered as an AC as it is unsellable (cf the Sherwood MG).