Hawk FIA Coupe at Vintage and Prestige

For Sale and Wanted Section
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hawk FIA Coupe at Vintage and Prestige

Post by peterc »

So we think that the price has gone up by around 30% in three years.
I guess a big part of this is the difference between the private and commercial prices.
If you are seriously interested then perhaps it's worth calling the salesmans bluff.
Say that you belong to the 289 register and therefore have access to people who know the car well and that you are surprised at the high price.
Then throw in an offer of that you think it's worth. £49 K - 52K??
You have nothing to lose!
Gerry might be able to advise as he had a significant input to its design and development.
Peter C
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

I think it's more like 50%
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Well, thanks to yesterday's events, my bonus may not be coming at all, so let's see what happens in the coming days/weeks and I'll take it from there.

If the car was available for £10k less than it's advertised for, then it would be an interesting proposition.

Thank you all for your input - if there's any update, you'll be the first to know!

L
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Lee,

I went down to see Marcus when he was selling it. I was looking at a number of different options before sticking the 289 in mine, and buying that car was one of them.

It is a bespoke build with very hard and very low suspension. The suspension mount points are lower than on a standard hawk so you are limited re options should you wish to make it more street savvy.

Very hard, very loud and very fast. Lots of fun to drive on a track but I wouldn't have wanted to go a long way on the road in it. I remember Marxus went to LMC in 2010 and hated it. Got piles I think :wink: and his mate ended up driving it home :(

Dave.
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Marcus trailered his car to Le Mans in 2010, but had to give up the trailer for the return journey as a certain WBT needed a lift for his car.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Did you have to remind me :evil:
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Thanks chaps - all noted and much appreciated. Dave - 'very hard, very loud and very fast has not dampened my enthusiasm, but you're all absolutely right; £59k is much too much.

And yet...

I'll keep you posted - can't move on anything yet, due to continued financial uncertainty, but the planets may yet align.

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Maxakarudy

Post by Maxakarudy »

For those who have built a Hawk, what's the build cost for car like this?
Could one be profesionally built for 50k
Just curious

Martin
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

It is over twelve years since I built mine which is a stock 289 with Ford 302 and uprated suspension. Then it cost circa £25k to self build, so I guess your figures are feasable depending on the specs.

Contact Talon Sportscars who are Hawk build agents and discuss your needs. http://www.talonsportscars.com/hawkbuild.php
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

My FIA cost around £28k over 16 years ago. Start to dial in a high spec Ford engine plus the Cosworth diff and special rear tubular suspension and of course the biggest add on would getting someone to build it professionally. I think you would be hard pushed to get it for £50k.
As Clive suggested Talon would be in the position of giving you a more accurate 2016 price.
Good luck.
Peter C