BRA 289 Hardtop

For Sale and Wanted Section
steveshaw

BRA 289 Hardtop

Post by steveshaw »

Hi Everybody
I would like a normal (not FIA) hardtop for my BRA 289 MkII.
Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell, or are they available to order?
Cheers
Steve Shaw
tasmin289

Re: BRA 289 Hardtop

Post by tasmin289 »

Hi Steve, not sure if a hardtop was ever made for the BRA 289, I own the BRA body moulds and doesn't include a mould to manufacture hardtops. Finding a Hawk hardtop might be easier, but isnt a straight forward fit. Many moons ago, Gerry hawkridge wrote an article for a magazine showing how to modify a Hawk hardtop to fit the BRA. The main difference between the cars is the curvature of the scuttle panel, the BRA is a lot flatter than the Hawk. I would imagine the article will be tucked away somewhere in the 289 registry? PM me or email tasmin.289@ntlworld.com if you need further help. Paul.S
IainS

Post by IainS »

I happen to have a Hawk 289 bubble top in untouched as supplied by Gerry state, including perspex rear window in original bubble wrap.

You of anyone else can have it for half of whatever Gerry asks these days, with the obvious caveat that it is for a Hawk.

Will need picking up from near Bath, or some other mutually convenient arrangement!

Iain
Bingers
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Bingers »

Hi
I have a BRA which I purchased and was rebuilt by Old Boy Racer (AKA Robin Richardson) who is/was on this forum.
It has a hardtop which Robin fitted, so probably worth PM'g Robin to see how he achieved it, looks good and keeps some wind and water out :-)

BTW, feel free to PM me if you want any piccies etc
Ady (Bingers)
Black BRA