Heater outlet elbow thingy

For Sale and Wanted Section
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Heater outlet elbow thingy

Post by amulheirn »

Does anyone have or know a good source for a Scott Drake heater hose elbow? Part number C6AZ-18599B. Looks like this:
heater-elbow.jpg
I know Summit have them for $16, but its the shipping and duty that adds up.
Cheers,
A.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger King

Re: Heater outlet elbow thingy

Post by Roger King »

Try Adam at Mustang Maniac.

https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/part/43/341 ... ow__bypass

If you go back a page, you can see that he has all the other styles as well.

Just out of interest, you do know that original Cobras had a tap there to control water flow, don't you?

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mercu ... -ford.html
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Thanks Roger!

Didn't know that - I think that's one for the wiki... I'll update it unless you get there first!

I guess original cars just had rubber hoses from the elbow to the bulkhead? Were there any clips or attachments do you know?
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

The heater outlet spacing was different on original cars - I have built an original Delaney-Gallay heater from Ford Anglia parts, so have this correct. The two rubber (5/8") hoses come out of the bulkhead and converge behind the carburettor. There is a joint in both about 6" or so from the bulkhead, then rubber hose to the header tank pipe and the heater valve. Where the hoses converge, they are held together by several wraps of rubber 'string'.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Ah - I see. You've done similar to what Larry's currently working on over on the originality forum I guess?
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

amulheirn wrote:Ah - I see. You've done similar to what Larry's currently working on over on the originality forum I guess?
Well, you could put it that way - Larry took his lead from me. I posted another thread on there some time ago describing my heater, advising them of the existence of the Anglia/Prefect unit, which took me three years of research to discover. Small, upright Fords were never marketed in the US and I think it's fair to say that none of the guys over there even knew of their existence. I only unearthed this heater because I reasoned (as I always do) that the British motor industry hardly ever made anything specifically for a single model. Or, at least, not without only minor modifications.

What the Stateside guys haven't done, and I unfortunately can't remember, is uncover the other Ford Delaney-Gallay heater that was involved. The small, square side doors and more rectangular casing came from another unit for a small British Ford, so the Cobra heater was a concatenation of the two. Whilst I have found several Anglia/Prefect heater casings, I have only ever found one of the other variant, which is the one I used for my heater.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Sorry - yes, that's what I meant to say - that Larry was following what you'd already achieved.

Cheers,

Andrew
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

For anyone interested in doing this, it's worth noting that I've just bought an immaculate unit on ebay which was apparently from a bus or truck, seems to have a 24V motor. That doesn't matter as the motor's wrong anyway, but worth bearing in mind if anyone's looking for one - don't just look for Fords. D-G obviously sold their heaters to a lot of diverse trades!