Excellent! Now, about my engines...

For Sale and Wanted Section
Roger King

Excellent! Now, about my engines...

Post by Roger King »

Any interest here?

Actually, I'm still a little shaken by the power I obviously wield...

1 very nice '66 289
1 very nice '69 302
1 middling '66 289
nicklowe

Re: Excellent! Now, about my engines...

Post by nicklowe »

How much for the 289s Nick 07714-711226
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

The excellent 289 has been sold - I still have the average one. This is a C6AE ('66) block, dismantled. It is currently bored to first rebore at 0.030", and is likely to need to go to the next. The crank has had a grind, and will definitely need another. The mains caps may need a line-bore (which is always best practice with a rebuild) as no.1 bearing has spun in the cap. All main components included. £250 - pm me if interested.
The 302 is a '69 date code, which makes it a very early one (handy for registration).
Nick Lowe

Post by Nick Lowe »

Can we speak. My number is above in earlier mail. Or send an SMS with your details and I will call. If it help I am seriously thinking of building a Kirkham289 from Gerry and trying to piece together the info etc. At this stage I want to do as much as possible by myself .
Nick
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Nick Lowe wrote:Can we speak. My number is above in earlier mail. Or send an SMS with your details and I will call. If it help I am seriously thinking of building a Kirkham289 from Gerry and trying to piece together the info etc. At this stage I want to do as much as possible by myself .
Nick
Yes, Nick - 01480 468775. Can't give you much advice on Kirkhams, as I can't weld aluminium. I can weld fibreglass, though.

Cheers,

Roger