bargain of the year ?

For Sale and Wanted Section
French Frie

bargain of the year ?

Post by French Frie »

Hi,

sorry to start my first post on the 289 Register forum by an ad, but I think it was a bargain, unfortunately quickly sold :

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1822812.htm

was it the car of a 289R member ?

bloody holidays :wink: !

FF
kaiserbilly1

Re: bargain of the year ?

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Never seen this car before, if that's the price it went for, then someone has got a real bargain judging by the pictures.
Adam Stevens

Post by Adam Stevens »

I called the guy two hour after the ad appeared and was promised second viewing on the Friday.Turns out he sold it to someone else on the Thursday! When he called me to tell me the news he said that he had 'come to a deal' so I think that the lucky buyer got it for less than the asking price!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Where are these people getting their prices from? A decent Hawk 289 is worth at least twice that price, even with a Rover engine! All this serves to do is keep the value of our cars down.
An article in the last Newsletter says, "A Rover V8 powered Hawk 289 with MGB brakes, steering, suspension, Hawk wiring loom and in not particularly special condition was up for €79,950 at Essen." "Private sale Ace replicas and Rover powered 289s seem to be fetching from around £20k for a budget build or well used car up to around £38,500 for a mint second-hand example with full weather gear etc."
So come on guys, if you are thinking about selling, be realistic about your asking price, for the sake of all of us!
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)