General Cobra & Ace topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Well, that didn't fit

Post by peterc »

Magic. Yes, it looks the part.
I can now appreciate the aesthetics.
Top curve matches top of wing, front matches wheel arch, rear shape mimics the rear of the car. Well thought out.
Yes, good decision on continuing with fibreglass and painting it.
Did you resort to a tape measure to check each side or is that just by eye bearing in mind the confines of the garage.
I’m trying to think of your punch line when someone queries the detail of what you intend to do - ‘just like that’
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Hi Pete, yes I used a tape measure, measuring from the tail lights to the rear edge and from the floor to datum points on the card template before cutting anything. I've removed the " plinths that the tail lights were sat on ,( see previous pics), they're now pretty much where they should have been 😂
Cheers Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Kev, I still have the hood scoop mould 😉😂 these were moulded from the original scoop " plug" on a spare bonnet
Cheers Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Well, I got up at stupid o-clock (4.00 am) this morning to paint the rear of the Cobra before it got too hot, and had it finished by 7.10 am. Pleased with the result and think I made the right choice to paint the coves blue. Just need to repair and paint the bootlid and put the stripes on the rear valance, then flat it down with 1500-2000 wet and dry and cut it back. Reassemble it, and the car is almost finished.

Nige
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Stunning work as usual Nigel. How many layers of paint on that car now??? :wink:
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Looks great Nige! Another top job
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Very nice.
It will be interesting to see what shape of spray you will get behind your car in the wet.
Whether it enhances the vortex effect with more air coming out of the arch.
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Dave Woodward wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:58 am Stunning work as usual Nigel. How many layers of paint on that car now??? :wink:
Surprisingly Dave, not a lot. It's only been painted once in its life when first built, and that paint was thin and rubbed through quite easily, so this is the second paintjob, which is fine. I applied the bare minimum of paint that I could get away with 😉👍. The question should have been ," how much extra fibreglass is in that car now?" 😆😆😆
Cheers Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I really haven't a clue to be honest Pete, I know that with the big tyres it chucked out a fair bit of water as it was. I'm undecided whether to add some mesh into the opening, but would prefer to leave it open purely for as aesthetic reasons. If left open, I might put some clear 3M panel protect vinyl in the cove to protect the paint a bit
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

StewbieC wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 am Looks great Nige! Another top job
Thanks Stu, I'll be glad when I finish this apprenticeship 😆😆
Cheers Nige