Well, that didn't fit

General Cobra & Ace topics
agnoraan

Re: Well, that didn't fit

Post by agnoraan »

Paul Blore wrote:That looks terrific, even more so when you consider what you started with. Very well done Nige.

I agree with Alan, I think it can lose the rear bumper now.

Paul
Thanks Paul, its going to lose the rear bumper when I fit the tail lights, it has the reflectors on it at the moment. I just need to wait until these LED's are done ;-)

Cheers....Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

catsx11 wrote:You are right to be pleased.
agnoraan wrote:...Right, it's dashboard time next :D ...
…and then what are you doing in the afternoon?!!

Having looked at the 360° of the car, you might find once you remove the rear nudge bars, the rear screen straps could look OK?

I know it's a stop-gap Nige, but we should all take bets as to when this stop-gap-stops and the 'real' one starts?!!
Thanks Alan, that's why I'm unsure as to how far to take this project. I want to start the other one asap, but I need to finish the house first really to keep the wife happy ;-). I've just got very carried away with this one as it's not a major project and I fit in working on it in between other stuff

Cheers...Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Dave Woodward wrote:That's crazy Nige! You have to build that bonnet. You are doing an outstanding job and everybody is fascinated and inspired by your work. I for one want to see how you recreate that particular bonnet!!!!
I've managed to get a brand new bonnet skin made by Cobretti, who made the Viper, and it'll be ready in a few weeks, so hopefully it should be a close fit shape wise. Bargain price too of only £130.00 :D

Dave, do you want to go the louvre route with yours, as if so, I won't do it to this one of mine?? I really don't mind either way :wink:

Cheers...Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

You could always go the 'Spectre' Aston look. Easier, cheaper, and.... waaaay cooler (drool)*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Mar ... 0_2015.jpg

*that may be referring to the whole car, no disrespect to yours...
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Nige,

I genuinely don't want to get in the way of your creativity so I want you to crack on irrespective of what I may want to do to mine in the future. When I finally get around to any remodelling on mine I honestly don't know how far I will go so please dont shape your thinking based on me! Louvres set into the bonnet would be great but there are plenty of variations on the theme!

Speaking for myself I'm not opposed to taking the same path style wise anyway so it's really not an issue.

Crack on :D

Dave.

Post by Paul Blore »

Roger King wrote:You could always go the 'Spectre' Aston look. Easier, cheaper, and.... waaaay cooler (drool)*.
I'm not convinced by the front end of the DB10 personally, it looks crude and unresolved to me.

Paul
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Well I was drooling over the Uhlenhaut Coupe in the Merc museum in Stuttgart yesterday. Now that truly is a timeless and wonderful piece of design. Robin
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Dave Woodward wrote:Nige,

I genuinely don't want to get in the way of your creativity so I want you to crack on irrespective of what I may want to do to mine in the future. When I finally get around to any remodelling on mine I honestly don't know how far I will go so please dont shape your thinking based on me! Louvres set into the bonnet would be great but there are plenty of variations on the theme!

Speaking for myself I'm not opposed to taking the same path style wise anyway so it's really not an issue.

Crack on :D

Dave.
Hi Dave, it'll be a little while before I do the bonnet anyway, as I'd like the get the back end modified and painted first. I've figured out what I consider to be the easiest way of making the louvers the same as Kevs and fitting them to the bonnet so that they look like they belong there. I'll make them fit on the new bonnet first and then take a mould from that. Once the panels are made, it's quite straight forward to "let" them into the bonnet.

if it's not an issue taking the same path, if you'd like a set of louvres the same as Kevs I'll make you a set FOC. There's not a great deal of time or materials in them to lay them up once the mould is made :wink:

cheers...Nige
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Sounds like a plan :)

I've ordered a bonnet from Gerry complete with the correct 289 scoop. Happy for you to have access to that if it helps. Not sure when it will arrive though!

Post by agnoraan »

Well, this arrived today, it's an outer bonnet skin for a Viper, so hopefully it should be something like dimension wise. When I get I chance I'm going to make a tubular frame, cut the scoop off, make a new 289 style scoop and the add the louvres similar to Kevs car. Sounds easy if you say it quick. Before that though I need to make the sidescreens for the hardtop and the ali 289 dash :wink:

Nige