Another 427

General Cobra & Ace topics
Marsh

Re: Another 427

Post by Marsh »

Colin,

My spirit, is positive, welcoming and uplifting, well, it is most of the time!

I'm about to bring into the world a lovely, period correct Cobra of a type you don't see so often these days; what's not to be happy about?

I send genuine peace, love and harmony to everyone here in our broad church - I might even paint my car psychedlically, just to prove my point.

And I might!

The last summer of love was in 1967; it's about time for another one, I'm thinking.

L
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Marsh wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm ...I'm about to bring into the world a lovely, period correct Cobra of a type you don't see so often these days...
I not only want to see it Lee, I'd love to drive it too (if you will let me) :lol:
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

You're on, Colin!

Just remember those narrow rear wheels!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

For god's sake, somebody tell Lee...
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Tell Lee what??!!
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

I already Roger, I already know...

Actually, Colin was the the first person to drive my previous car; on the track at Bruntingthorpe, following his car being converted to short wheel base on the way to the circuit.

I'll say right here and now that he was the perfect gentlemen for the many laps that he drove it. Although, thinking back, I could never seem to find 3rd gear after that, plus I'd never previously noticed that the car appeared to be just slightly longer on one side than the other. And perhaps it always had that rattle from the bottom end.

And while I think about it, I was convinced that before he borrowed it, the car wasn't left hand drive, but perhaps that's just my fading memory.

Happy Friday everyone.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Marsh wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:38 am I already Roger, I already know...

Actually, Colin was the the first person to drive my previous car; on the track at Bruntingthorpe, following his car being converted to short wheel base on the way to the circuit.

I'll say right here and now that he was the perfect gentlemen for the many laps that he drove it. Although, thinking back, I could never seem to find 3rd gear after that, plus I'd never previously noticed that the car appeared to be just slightly longer on one side than the other. And perhaps it always had that rattle from the bottom end.

And while I think about it, I was convinced that before he borrowed it, the car wasn't left hand drive, but perhaps that's just my fading memory.

Happy Friday everyone.
Very drole :wink:
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

Be careful what you post on public forums. Manufacturers can get a bit twitchy if they suspect a car has been on a track. :shock: :shock: :twisted: :wink:
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

It was only demonstration runs for charity, Dave, nothing in anger.

And I promise the new car won't be venturing on a track - 100%.

I couldn't even if I wanted to, especially as the engine has gone back to EMA :-)

L
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

They tried to deliver it in a Sprinter Panel van..... no tail lift!!!