Another 427

General Cobra & Ace topics
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Another 427

Post by nikbj68 »

...Dunno about a mirror, but the painting in his attic is really showing it's age! :shock:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Oi oi - I'm a great advertisement for Clarins moisturiser I am!

You both wait 'till you get to my age.
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

and anyways, youth is relative...
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Marsh wrote:Oi oi - I'm a great advertisement for Clarins moisturiser I am!

You both wait 'till you get to my age.
that's a bloody long wait! :wink: (if I even get there at this rate! :twisted: )
Tapped

Post by Tapped »

Still not painting mine for a while....

I am intending to take it to Silverstone Classic on Saturday tho
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

If this was facebok, I'd find the 'like' button and press it...
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

My first journey was a 270-mile drive home in -5'
Marsh

Another 427

Post by Marsh »

An interesting evening at a local old car gathering tonight with my diesel hybrid 911, which as many of you predicted, is showing no ill effects following my senior moment at the pumps last Friday night.

Parked next to each other on the grass were two cars, one finished in Triumph Damson and the other in Jaguar Regency Red; two colours that I had short listed as period correct possibilities for my car over the previous contender, Goodwood Green, a Ford of Britain colour often seen on early Cortina's, Mk3 Zephyr's and Zodiac's back in the day.

I had previously settled on Damson, but seeing it tonight leaves me less sure, as it's a touch too dark, I think. The factory colours available for 427's differed from 289's and the prevalent shade is a bright 'Candy Apple' finish, known as Rangoon Red, which is just a little too shouty for my tastes and perhaps doesn't show the 427 to best effect. At least one car was finished in Monza and this shade is very similar to Damson. Now, what works beautifully on a Mustang, Fairlane or Galaxie may not be so successful on the curves of a Cobra; and whilst I'm not definitively walking away from the darker colour, the Regency red was just a touch closer to how I picture the finished car in my mind's eye. Ultimately, I am rather limited in colour choices, as my car will evoke a very specific Cobra which is not known to exist, but was originally finished in a shade of red when new.

I'm away for a couple of weeks now, so I can reflect properly. Truth be told, I don't actually have to decide for a few months, as I'll shakedown the car initially in bare aluminium and take a view thereafter. It's sobering to think that by the time I get back, one more 427 will be about to be inspected and hopefully be road legal (good luck Dale), whilst another will be a matter of weeks away...

L
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

Passed IVA :D . Few things to mod and finish off .... oh yes and registration. So hopefully by the end of the month it'll be in my garage instead of Daves .... I imagine Dave will welcome the space.

I was down there last weekend but didn't take any photos as it didn't look very pretty with all the IVA kit on
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold