Another 427

General Cobra & Ace topics
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Another 427

Post by nikbj68 »

Summer= Silverstone= See you there! :lol:
Was it a Tasca Ford badge you had on the previous Cobra?
You certainly have a well-functioning Unobtainium detector! :wink:

Rouge Irise over Monza if I was going red, but the Vineyard green get's my vote of the three:

From The Telegraph

(Although I did love 6036 in the raw too!)

From Redshoes Archive
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

nikbj68 wrote:Summer= Silverstone= See you there! :lol:
Was it a Tasca Ford badge you had on the previous Cobra?
You certainly have a well-functioning Unobtainium detector! :wink:

Rouge Irise over Monza if I was going red, but the Vineyard green get's my vote of the three:

From The Telegraph

(Although I did love 6036 in the raw too!)

From Redshoes Archive
Hi Nik

Yes it was a Tasca Ford badge I had last time - I took my inspiration from Paul, who did it first - I merely coveted his badge until I managed to source my own, which took a while, I can tell you!

What I've since learned is that many stateside Ford dealers in the 60's had their own badges produced, to a standard design and typeface and these were fitted to the cars they supplied as a matter of course. I've simply identified all of the original Shelby dealers in period and then focused my search on them. If you're patient, you can find them from time to time. I'm never one for guilding the lily, but imho they are a lovely addition to the rear of any Cobra, especially a 427. It's details like this that can really lift a car.

Colour wise, I'm also erring on the side of Vineyard, as it's a more traditional colour that will look contrast nicely with the brightwork of a 'street car, but who knows how I'll feel tomorrow?

My unobtanium detector is so far failing to find me a Trico washer 'tupperware' container, or an ACOC badge, but I'm sure that one of each will turn up eventually I've ordered my plates from Tippers today, plus the Dymo tape machine has arrived too, so that's a couple of things to tick off the list whilst Dave does the grown up bits and builds the car :lol:

Marsh
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Lee,

The challenge now is to find a picture of an original Cobra with a Courtesy badge fitted. I managed to find one with the Tasca badge:

Paul
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Paul - that's amazing. :lol:

That's quite a challenge you've set me...

L
Tapped

Post by Tapped »

Hi lee

Will be nice to see a street spec 427 emerge from the Brookes stable...it'll also be nice to see one in paint as I'm still undecided

Popped in to visit mine on Sunday and saw your's and Dale's keeping it company. If this flipping weather sodded off it could come home

cheers

Paul
Migge

Post by Migge »

Special customized BRA289
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Lovely Migge - these are new reproductions, rather than the lovely NOS item that Paul has on his Kirkham. I've copied him once already, so I'll stick with my Courtesy Ford Badge this time, as no one likes a copy cat!

Lee
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Tapped wrote:Hi lee

Will be nice to see a street spec 427 emerge from the Brookes stable...it'll also be nice to see one in paint as I'm still undecided

Popped in to visit mine on Sunday and saw your's and Dale's keeping it company. If this flipping weather sodded off it could come home

cheers

Paul
You should keep your car at Dave's place, Paul as it gives me something lovely to look at while mine comes together - you too, Dale...

The 'street' spec is giving poor Mr Brookes some sleepless night at the moment, especially in relation to the exhausts.

A resolution has hopefully now been found (big respect to Dave), but suffice to say that 'every day is a school day' when it comes to learning the differences between road and track cars.

Lee
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Tapped wrote:If this flipping weather sodded off it could come home
Hi Paul,

They don't dissolve you know. ;)

They don't mind getting a bit (or a lot) wet. Just wrap up warm and dry and you'll be fine.

Paul
Tapped

Post by Tapped »

In wet weather no, but it's not going near salt on my watch! :shock: