St Gotthard Pass Video

General Cobra & Ace topics
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger King

Re: St Gotthard Pass Video

Post by Roger King »

catsx11 wrote:oooh, really good to watch Paul!
Was that your brakes squeaking Paul?
Felt nervous just watching with some of those drops down the sides! I suppose it is easy to get carried away and come down too fast and finding a corner arrive earlier than anticipated? No doubt a good set of brakes, a good set of tyres and a good set of underpants are essential on a trip like that! Wonder what you all sounded like coming down as an onlooker from the bottom?!
Roger, how did you get your rear lights to that Blackpool thing?!!
Great Videos!
They don't in real life, that's the LED frequency doing funny things with Paul's digital camera.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

catsx11 wrote:Well done Paul,
Another nice video of what looks like another nice day.
It is just a pity that you don't own one or two more cameras which could have taken other perspectives of your and other's cars.
Your engine didn't even have a chance to stretch it's legs! Bet your left foot and leg were tired after all that gear changing!
The Stelvio Pass was on my Bucket List of drives and I was always going to plan the route to include it as soon as it was decided we were going to Italy.
However, it's not actually a very good driver's road, although the scenery is absolutely stunning. For the most part it is just a series of short straights connected by hairpin bends. The drive down the Umbrail was much better, as was the road along the bottom of the valley in Switzerland. The Fluela Pass that goes to Davos was also much more fun......ask Roger. ;)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:The Fluela Pass that goes to Davos was also much more fun......ask Roger. ;)
No comment.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

It's not everyone who can claim to have had a Mustang properly sideways on a mountain pass Roger. :lol: 8)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:It's not everyone who can claim to have had a Mustang properly sideways on a mountain pass Roger. :lol: 8)
Yes, and I never caught the Audi... wife seriously unamused, not to be recommended!
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I was a little too preoccupied to indulge in photography, I'm afraid...
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I think this arose on another thread which I can' find now. The group was having a great little blast down to Davos on a mirror-smooth, beautifully winding road in a glorious setting, when we were passed by a couple of locals in interesting moderns (someone else will oblige with specification) who were really going for it. I must have been in front because when they passed I thought I'd join in - and in the process reminded myself that a '68 mustang with no suspension or steering mods apart from Koni shocks and an uprated front anti-roll bar has no place trying to keep up with an Audi S-whatever.
Didn't quite get to Alan's third requirement, but I wasn't far off.
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.