First run of the year..

General Cobra & Ace topics
Paul Blore

Re: First run of the year..

Post by Paul Blore »

Naked aluminium and salty roads don't mix very well, so mine tends to stay tucked up in the dry garage over winter. :wink:

Paul
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I take mine out at least twice a week regardless of whether it's raining or not. The hardtop has made life easier if it's raining :D. It did get interesting in icy conditions though :lol: The only time I havent driven it was when it was off the road being modified.
Nige
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I went to work in mine today.

Incidentally, I had a Jaguar F-Type R to play with for the day yesterday. What a mad animal of a car that is. :shock: It was constantly banging and popping on the overrun and bellowing if you so much as breathed on the throttle. As Clarkson would say, It was very shouty. :wink:
It was terrific fun and ridiculously quick, but I'm not sure I (or my licence) could live with it day to day.

I'm looking for a replacement for my Range Rover and I really don't know what to get. I might try a Tesla, although the limited range might put me off. The other options are a Range Rover Sport Supercharged or an Audi RS7.

Anyone driven either of these?

Paul
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

A colleague of mine has been in a Tesla and was seriously impressed with performance, looks, fit & finish; plus, the owner(Who I think may be a Tesla dealer!) said there are so many tax & benefit incentives, including guaranteed anti-depreciation buy-back deal that you would have to be a complete idiot to buy anything else!!!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Paul - my daughter had a week of test drives alternating between the SVR and Autobiography. Like you with the FType she found the SVR too lairy for daily use so chose the Autobiography. Mind you, she has an AMG SLS if lairy is required.

Robin
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Old Boy Racer wrote:Paul - my daughter had a week of test drives alternating between the SVR and Autobiography. Like you with the FType she found the SVR too lairy for daily use so chose the Autobiography. Mind you, she has an AMG SLS if lairy is required.

Robin
Who on earth decides to call a car an 'Autobiography'??
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Erm - Range Rover marketeers. Still at least they didn't call it Cedric.

Reminds me of the old joke back in XR3i days (nope I had a Golf GTI mk1) about why they are all called clitoris. Because they are all red and every ....... got one. I'll leave now. Robin
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Old Boy Racer wrote:... I had a Golf GTI mk1)
I had a black one, a MkI 1800 which I personally imported from Düsseldorf in 1983, full UK spec.

I once bought a MkI Vitesse for £27 whilst a student, which became known as 'syphilis'. It was a 2-litre...
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Roger King wrote:Who on earth decides to call a car an 'Autobiography'??
The top-end Range Rovers have been called Autobiography for years. They used to be pretty much bespoke and you can order anything you wanted, but they're now a standard model at the top end of the range. I suppose it was intended to signify the highly personalised nature of the car. I also used to think it was pretty crap and crass, but maybe I've just got used to it now.

My IFA (a lady) has a Supercharged Range Rover Autobiography and a Porsche 911 Turbo S. There's something not quite right when the person looking after your money has far more of it than you do. :?

Paul
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

MOT mid March - Check
Car TAX - Check
New tyres - Check
New brake pads - Check
New brake fluid - Check
Hernia - bolx