What's in a name?

General Cobra & Ace topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

What's in a name?

Post by peterc »

You may remember that last year when I turned up for my MOT that the garage advised me that the DVLA system didn't know my car! He understood that Swansea was having a new system and that it was causing all manner of headaches to the garages.
The MOT guy had to add my car in manually and I lost a months MOT. He advised that I would most likely be contacted by the DVLA to confirm the details of my car. No such contact was made and I felt it better to let sleeping dogs lie.

So I arrive for this years MOT three weeks before the end of the new expiry date of the current certificate for the garage to say that there are now two Hawks listed for my registration!
Hawk Sports and Hawk 289 FIA.
Looking at the V5 the make is listed as Hawk 289 FIA and body style Sports. I can only assume that in transferring the old data into the new system that the DVLA have amalgamated the two pieces of info.

Obviously I am now wondering if I should ring the DVLA to ge them to delete the duplicate.
Has anyone else had similar problems or am I just the unlucky one.
Peter C
Roger King

Re: What's in a name?

Post by Roger King »

Sounds to me like you have a spare ID...
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: What's in a name?

Post by peterc »

Alan,
I see what you mean which backs up the lack of knowledge about the car having an MOT before 2015 but what about last year after the change in dates?
Roger
I think it unlikely that I have a spare ID as the registration is the same for both cars.
Peter C