Side screen bag

General Cobra & Ace topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Side screen bag

Post by peterc »

Hi guys,
I am currently investigating the manufacture of a side screen bag to protect the side screens a little better than just wrapping up in a bit of spare fleece and also to tidy the boot a bit.
Bagworld ( as used by ColinNewbold ) have initially quoted approx £65 for a 87cm x 38cm x 8cm twin compartment fleece lined bag with a simple flap held shut with Velcro. They are to sending me a sample of the material.
There appears to be an option of material in either a canvas type which I assume is reasonably hard wearing but with limited colour range or vinyl which is easier to wipe clean and has a wider range of colours.
If you were to go ahead with a purchase then it would be directly with Bagworld in the material and colour of your choice.
It appears that there is a pattern charge of around £20 built into that price that could be shared out over a quantity of orders thus reducing the cost to nearer £45.
They have suggested the P & P would be £12.
If you are interested perhaps you can PM me so I can discuss the pricing further with Bagworld.
Peter C.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Side screen bag

Post by peterc »

An update on the side screen bag manufacture. Both myself and Nige decided to take the plunge and have now received our respective purchase. We have paid the pattern/design charges so if you want to change your mind you can purchase these for £55 each including P & P but perhaps remember to buy us both a drink.
Peter C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Having received an enquiry on colour and construction I am happy to advise a bit more detail.

The main material used is 600 denier Polyester laminated to a 4mm foam & scrim, there are many colours available, Black, Green, Navy, Red, Grey.
Other colours just ask.
The outer two walls are lined with black brushed nylon. The dividing wall uses two layers of the main material with an additional 10mm foam core to give it a little more substance to which the handles are attached.
I think that the Polyester ought to be reasonably durable for being knocked about in the boot.
Hope that assists.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Sorry should have mentioned that you can place an order directly with Colin at Bagworld
Tel 01527 592333 or email colin@bag-world.co
He will give you his bank details for direct payment.
Peter C