Where's the Daytona section?

General Cobra & Ace topics
Paul Blore

Re: Where's the Daytona section?

Post by Paul Blore »

I don't recall that Peter, so was it some time ago? If so, how did I get in? :wink:

The problem we have is that the club is for enthusiasts, not specifically owners, so how do we dissuade owners with the "wrong" cars from joining and on what basis? I don't think that we can within the current remit of the club.

As a 427 owner, I'm always going to have a slightly different perspective on this. My view is that it the spirit and quality of the car rather than the specific model that is important.

Paul
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Paul, I thought that you were already a member and at the AGM in question.
We are after all The 289 Register and the whole club has been developed around that name since Frank started it.
I don't see any need to change a successful recipe. Please don't rock the boat.
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Those with long memories will remember major upheavals in the Club some time ago with regards to names and cars - this is why we are 'T289R', i.e. The 289 Register, and not the 289 Register. Could we have a little rewind please, and leave everything as it was, say, 48hrs ago? This is The 289 Register, and it is for people who like original ACs of pretty much all kinds, without necessarily owning one. Hell, I'd even let Aceca owners in (I have a soft spot for Acecas).
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Before this all gets a little bit out of hand, I think that we should take a look at Daves initial post here. I personally I don't feel that he's asking why we haven't got a Daytona section, I took it to be a tongue in cheek way of saying that maybe he's going to be building Daytonas, and posted it in such a way that it might invoke questions regarding this. Dales response to Daves question would also imply that this could well be the case.

Those of you that have Dave as a Facebook friend would have seen his post a little while ago showing technical drawings of a 289 Cobras front suspension with Dave asking the question "should I?" I saw his initial post on this thread as a harmless bit of fun and banter in the same manner and not really a question asking why we don't have a section for the Daytona.

Personally I don't think that there should be any changes to the way that the club or forum is run. I feel that the balance is just about perfect the way that it is. Sure, we have some members that own 427's but at least they're all built with the true spirit of the originals, and are way, way more authentic in their build than just a nod to looking like a facsimile of a Cobra. I don't see that 427 kit car owners in general will be beating a path to join our club anytime soon, or else this would have happened by now.

Nige
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I'm going to lock this thread, because it would appear that some comments have been misinterpreted and it is in danger of getting out of hand.

Paul