New book photo appeal.

General Cobra & Ace topics
Phil Riley

New book photo appeal.

Post by Phil Riley »

If anyone has any relevant photos they own, plus other information, and would like to see them published, please contact Bob via his email below:

Greetings,
My name is Bob Walker and whilst I was at at the Automobilia Sale in Monterey California recently, your 289 Register club representative, Glenn Stasky, stopped by and gave me one of your brochures.

I wrote the book “Cobra Pilote, The Ed Hugus Story” and I am now working on a follow-up Cobra book focusing on the early Cobra production and the 75 or so 260s. 

I am especially interested in the cars that are in the UK and Europe. I’m trying to source photos and information on them after they left the US.  Anyone who might be able to help, furnishing images and info will be given photo credit!  Or, any help at all would be very much appreciated.  Please see my email address below.

Thank you and best wishes,
Bob. 
bobwalker1400@gmail.com
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: New book photo appeal.

Post by clive »

Barrie Bird owns a pretty, original 260. Perhaps you should email him as I don't think he watched the forum.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Thanks Clive.

I've sorted-out some photos I took when we were over at Barrie's on the Scottish Road Trip. I'll send him an email and put them in touch.

Cheers,
Phil
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289Glenn »

Greetings,

I am glad Bob was able to contact the register. I ran into him at the Monterey Historic races this past August. He is a very passionate Cobra enthusiast with a incredible knowledge of Cobra history. I purchased his book and it is fantastic. SO many things I did not (and I bet many others) did not know. It is probably safe to say that the Shelby Cobra would not have been anything more than a prototype without Ed Hugus.

Cheers,

Glenn
PS
The Monterey Historic weekend report is in the works. Stay tuned. It was a terrific time.