Consultation on emmisions

General Cobra & Ace topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Consultation on emmisions

Post by amulheirn »

Just to let you know, I've written my letter to the DfT and will write modified ones to my local MP and some of the other suggested contacts shared on the Facebook group and here.

The official club response went the other day - hopefully everyone received a copy of that via email from John.

Thanks for all your work on this Nige.

Andy
Bill Cooke

Post by Bill Cooke »

Hi,

FYI I've done the online questionnaire, written to my MP, the Secretary of State for Transport, the Minister for Transport, 2 Under Secretaries, and two members of the shadow cabinet - Transport & Business. I've also e-mailed Robert Lloyd-Smith.
I'd love to build a naturally aspirated kit car at some point, and live in hope!

Regards,
Bill
Building a Mirage GT
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Bill Cooke wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm Hi,

FYI I've done the online questionnaire, written to my MP, the Secretary of State for Transport, the Minister for Transport, 2 Under Secretaries, and two members of the shadow cabinet - Transport & Business. I've also e-mailed Robert Lloyd-Smith.
I'd love to build a naturally aspirated kit car at some point, and live in hope!

Regards,
Bill
Thanks Bill!

I wrote to the FBHVC to send them the copy of our letter to the DFT last night, and had a response back today. They're supporting us and have sent me a draft of their very comprehensive response to look over.

Cheers,
Andy
Nick Lowe
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Nick Lowe »

I have done it - online + MP letter. Good template can be found below. mailed out by Classic Car Insurance the other day.

http://www.nsra.org.uk/2018/02/action-r ... nsultation
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi guys, a glimmer of hope.
Just been viewing the UK Cobra Club’s forum on the same subject?
Someone has posted a reply from the DFT which states that they will be reviewing all of the replies received. Due to the vast amount of negative comments they have received they will be reviewing what actions to take and consider delaying its implementation or scrap the kit car element altogether.
Please don’t give up on sending in your replies though as the more sent in the better and show how strong willed we are.
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Peter,
I believe this is what you're talking about?

I Found these replies on another forum regarding emissions, has anybody else had this??

"Hi All

I emailed the Department of Transport to try and get some indication of when the proposed legislation with regard to kit cars would come into force if it was passed. The response I received is below:

"The proposal was to bring this into force at the same time as the rest of the regulation, likely to be 1 September 2018. However due to the volumes of comments received, many of which advocate a postponement of say 2 years, we will need to re-consider this. In fact the whole element of the proposal which affects kit cars is likely to come under scrutiny given the vast volumes of negative comment, so it may be removed altogether."

Another person had this

"Thank you for your comments. I have been asked to respond.

We will be considering all responses received. The proposal on kit cars has attracted a very high volume of comments so we will give careful consideration whether to delay this element of the proposal, or remove it altogether.

Mike Lowe | Regulation,International Vehicle Standards, Department for Transport
1/29 - 1/33 GMH "|

Could be promising

I would suggest that as many people as possible email Mike Lowe to show him how the general consensus feel about this unjust proposal

his email address is

Mike.Lowe@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Please remember that the closing date is 2nd March, after that it's in the "lap of the Gods"

cheers..NIge
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Mailed Mr Lowe 😘
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »