Hawk 289 IVA testing

General Cobra & Ace topics
Jerryedmans
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hawk 289 IVA testing

Post by Jerryedmans »

Many thanks for all the helpful advice. IVA test awaited. I think I will need to buy collapsible boss and the see if I can pick up a cheap compliant wheel in EBay to suit boss. Interested in the cherished plate idea - thank you.
Cheers. Jerry
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Just a suggestion, in case you get a similar experience to me:
Before the actual day of the test can i suggest you test your lights with Main beam, High Beam, Hazards, fog and reverse light all active and wipers on.
That's what my IVA man wanted. A fair test but not what i was expecting, having successfully tested each circuit individually but not simultaineously, and needless to say, didn''t pass that one, suspect blown fuse.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Good point and that test will also highlight any poor earthing as one or more will be a bit dimmer.
Peter C
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Hi Jerry,

I'm afraid I can't help you much regarding IVA, but I will soon become your nearest 289 Register neighbour when I move to Litton in a couple of weeks time.

Good luck with the IVA. And, if you think you might need an extra pair of hands at all, just let me know and I can pop over.

Phil.
Jerryedmans
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Jerryedmans »

Post script - IVA complete. Failed first time on a few minor points but through second time. For those building the bits to watch out for are the height of indicators on the front, the height of rear fog light and reverse lights at back, sharp edges on radiator grill, fog light should only come on with main bean not side lights, and rear wheels slightly proud of arches at extremities. All easily solved. Happy to help if anyone has any questions prior to their IVA or in respect of historic registration (now registered as RFG163G). Cheers
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Well done.
Do you expect to get it painted this year?
Peter C
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

I had the same issue with the fog lights, I'm surprised Martin Santos hasn't sorted that out yet!
Well done, proves it is still do-able!