Mot

General Cobra & Ace topics
Slowjoe

Mot

Post by Slowjoe »

Hi,after passing iva and registering car how long is it to first mot?and is ok to remove fog and reverse lights because they look horrible,or should I not ask.Thanks
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Mot

Post by amulheirn »

Hi Joe - I think your car is basically considered a 'new' car. It will have a 'first registered' date on the V5 of 2018 (or whenever you registered it with DVLA). So you get the standard period for new cars before the first MOT.

As far as I know, fog lights are mandatory things. But I was hoping to replace the cheap one I have with something more period-correct - maybe something like this one from SVC: https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/1253-rear-fog-/

Did you just pass your IVA then? Or are you just planning ahead?

Cheers,
Andy
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

Those chrome/stainless lights from S-V-C look ok at a glance. But the fixing stud and the wires sticking out of it are about a long as the light body, and are difficult/impossible to hide on a Cobra nudge bar, and are VERY obvious/unsightly when following the car. ;-)
Slowjoe

Post by Slowjoe »

Hi Andy,the car passed iva at the end of May. I believe yours passed about the same time great feeling.First drive's are a feeling of exitment and trepidation so far no problems.Being a mgb based car I can overtake petrol stations If nothing else.Still trying to find out how to post photos of car.bye for now
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

The SVC fog light can easily be fitted to the rear chassis by making a simple bracket. If you want, you can make a hinge using a bolt so it can be folded up under the body out of sight when not needed.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)