15"tyres wanted

For Sale and Wanted Section
Fireball

15"tyres wanted

Post by Fireball »

Does anyone know where I could purchase matching front and rear tyres?
Fronts are 215/60/15 and rears are 235/60/15
I don't want to deviate from these sizes if I can help it and just wondered if anyone knew a good supplier of something this size (oohh missus!)
I've found Pirelli P600 for the rears and Avon CR6ZZ for the fronts... not ideal.
Finally sorted Dax 'AC 289' after 4 years in the wilderness.
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fireball

Re: 15"tyres wanted

Post by Fireball »

Hi Alan,
Yes, you're correct, I can get P6000 PR P600 for the rears and P6000 PR P6000 N2 for the front. Dissimilar tread pattern but it may be the least worst..
I can get BF Goodrich in both sizes but I've had negative comments from others regarding these.

James
Finally sorted Dax 'AC 289' after 4 years in the wilderness.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Fireball wrote:Hi Alan,
Yes, you're correct, I can get P6000 PR P600 for the rears and P6000 PR P6000 N2 for the front. Dissimilar tread pattern but it may be the least worst..
I can get BF Goodrich in both sizes but I've had negative comments from others regarding these.

James
Under no circumstances should you use BFG tyres on your Cobra. They are downright dangerous. They are designed for heavy trucks, not light sports cars. The rubber is far too hard and gives no grip (on the plus side, they'll last forever) and the speed rating is woefully inadequate.

There was a serious crash in Poole at the weekend involving a Cobra shod with BFG tyres. Both occupants are in a "very serious" condition.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

What he said,⬆︎, regarding BFGs. Euch, horrible.
235/60 15s are very hard to find. This is the biggest size I can run on the rear of the Mustang, and not wanting to shell out megabucks for Avons which won't last long I have the Pirelli P6000s. This is an all-weather, long-distance car and the Pirellis suit it for this use just fine. Be wary of availability - due to the low demand these are made occasionally in batches, and for the last four years they have been unobtainable. I was contemplating having to go down a size but this year they became available again so I have stuck with this size. I have 215/65 15s on the front to give the same rolling radius (that way a single spare of the smaller size is OK, and won't nadger up the LSD if I need it). These are Firestones of some variety, similar looking tread pattern.