LED tail lights

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: LED tail lights

Post by Dave Woodward »

David Large wrote:I am paranoid about the back lights on my car .................so I have ordered some of these.

David
David, have you had any joy with the lights that you can report on :D

Paul, I would be interested if they are a simple swap.

Dave.

Post by David Large »

Dave

To avoid the ridiculous price for postage to UK that the US supplier wanted my son ordered them and had them delivered to his house in New Jersey, then our neice went over to stay with him and she returns to the UK today.............so I haven't seen them yet! I probably won't get them until a family get together over Xmas. Will report next year.
I anticipate a very simple installation - I have no complications such as a DB10 box!

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
David Large

Post by David Large »

Ok,

Hope you had a great Christmas. I collected my LED lights from the states on Boxing Day at a party near Reading!

They look fine to me. There should be a photo showing the front of one, the back of the other and the instruction manual. I will get round to fitting these probably in February. It doesn't look difficult. I have several things to sort out on the Radical and a fair bit of paper work on the Porsche.

David
David Large
David Large

Post by David Large »

Looking at these there does not seem to be a built in red reflector. I guess I will need to add two reflectors to the back of the car.

David
David Large
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

I'd be keen to see just how bright the indicators are David or your thoughts on brightness if you cannot sort out a suitable picture / video

Cheers Dale
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
Karl

Post by Karl »

This lamp seems to have the same connection for turn and brake light. How do you want to separate them? I think only for US use. Will be red flashing like US, if it is amber you would also have amber brake lights?
Just what I can see from the connection instruction
David Large

Post by David Large »

Hi Karl and Dale,

I already have seperate orange indicators on the back of my car, so I will still use them.
I will connect the brake light feed only to the brakes/indicators terminal and side light feed to the sidelights terminal. I am assuming that this will work ok then.

I bought these because the existing lights on my car work fine but are dim so all I want is the brighter lights. I don't want anyone running into the back of my car.

Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes to you for 2016.

David
David Large