Header tank

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Karl

Re: Header tank

Post by Karl »

Update on this item.
After visiting Gerry Hawkridge last Friday he decided that he needs to make a new header tank to match his new Ford radiator. When I get it I will post a picture on the forum.
Karl
richmixture

Post by richmixture »

Karl, just reading this, i have a rover header on mine and as the gents said, totally different, but i wonder if you can use a rover header and turn it round, that might work, havnet tried it
Kris
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello Kris,
since February I am waiting now for the new header tank, that Gerry promised me to be finished in two weeks time. The only response I get from him is: It`s being made! As I have paid for the tank already last November I want it from him and are not going to spend any more money or experiments on it. My son is going to Essen classic cars show tomorrow and will ask the man himself for a delivery date. Thanks anyway for the thoughts!
Karl
Migge

Post by Migge »

Karl,

I was there yesterday. "The man himself" has no booth at the show. And he is not at the booth from Fritz either. He is sitting behind the table of http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/
:-)

Cheers
Migge
Special customized BRA289
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks Migge, I will send my son in Steve`s direction.
richmixture

Post by richmixture »

the "it's being made comment" that could mean some time.

I had some exhausts - they were being made for about 18 weeks i recall!! You got to track that man down, and get his welder on ther gas!!
Kris
Karl

Post by Karl »

Coming back from my businesstrip I find this nice and shiny tank! So, in my case, "being made" was 8 weeks.
Thank you, Gerry!
So for everybody with Ford engine and (Hawk made)Ford cooler, this is how it should look like!
Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.