Goodwood Members meeting

Club events that are going on around the world
Samthomasracing

Re: Goodwood Members meeting

Post by Samthomasracing »

Can everyone do the warm weather dance !
When racing was dangerous and sex was safe....
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

As I may well be coming down in a friend's Caterham (from 186 miles distant), I will more than likely be unable to do any form of dancing, except perhaps for the hypothermia shuffle. :shock:

Have warm drinks on standby...
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Paul Anderson
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Paul Anderson »

I'll be there on the Saturday:-) Hope it is warmer than last year!!!!!
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

It would be fun for us all to meet up for breakfast, or later on round Sam's paddock bay...

Do you know your times yet Sam? Is Quali on Friday or Saturday? What times are you likely to be in your paddock bay?

Although my car is on Lavant Bank all day, in previous years there's been nothing there other than a coffee stall so I'm planning to walk over to the infield about 08:30...there's always been a giant marquee adjacent to the tunnel road which seems favourite?

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Nice to see Colin and Vince yesterday - Sam and Andrew; big apologies that we didn't to meet up - like many of us, I sort of got carried away with the event and the next thing I knew, it was time to come home.

I see that the 'Alan Mann' Daytona recreation didn't hit it's reserve and was last seen hovering around £120k, which was £20k below its' low reserve. According to the auction catalogue, it only required a further £100k investment to complete the build, in lieu mainly to the lacking engine and box. Can't for the life of me think why it didn't fly off the podium, though in fairness, it did appear to be beautifully presented.

L
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Yeah - sorry to have missed you. Got there late, mucked up putting your number into my phone and for various reasons didn't get to see anyone else either! Next time - just glad a few people made contact!

Cheers,
A.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I went on Sunday - you get 10 races in rather than just the two on Saturday, but I do wish Freddie would move the date - it was taters cold again this year.
Great racing though, best meeting I've been to for ages, especially with far fewer people than the Revival.
COX5012
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by COX5012 »

Colin Newbold wrote:It would be fun for us all to meet up for breakfast, or later on round Sam's paddock bay...

Do you know your times yet Sam? Is Quali on Friday or Saturday? What times are you likely to be in your paddock bay?

Although my car is on Lavant Bank all day, in previous years there's been nothing there other than a coffee stall so I'm planning to walk over to the infield about 08:30...there's always been a giant marquee adjacent to the tunnel road which seems favourite?

Colin
It was good to meet up with Colin and Mr Marsh, at Levant Bank. Had some good advice on my Carberettor problems. Really good variety of racing during the day, highlights of course were the cobras and GT40s. weather was kind. Another highlight for me was following Colin in his Cobra in the dark along the A27 back to Brighton, loved the whole day.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Roger King wrote: ... but I do wish Freddie would move the date - it was taters cold again this year....
Unless I've misunderstood you Roger, I think it's Charles you need to protest to... Freddie moved on a while back :?
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

It was great to meet up with you again Vince, and hope you get that carb sorted. Nice meeting your hotshot protégé Michael, hope he does well in your Ginetta racing during the year.

Meanwhile... back at the ranch, it's Fiesta racing for a while.... :D

Colin