Gven will he ever learn?

Sorry - couldn't resist.
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: spinner removal

Post by KevinW »

StewbieC wrote:I'm assuming it's a 3 legged spinner tool that you've ordered Kev as that is what Lionel has been working on of late. He's out of stock on the two eared tool for wire spinners currently
Yes, its the 3 eared one for Trigos.
Sorry, haven't been on the forum for a while.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Dear all

I'd like to order one of these, but the photo's previously posted have all disappeared.

Does anyone happen to have a telephone contact for Lionel?

lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Had to give up on Lionel, I'm afraid - he's retired and it was a small retirement project, so it's understandable that he should go at his own pace and when he feels like it. I approached him as a favour, it's not his business.
I went with the German device, which is similar and works very well.
I do have the aluminium type on a long lever for sale, if anyone's interested - but I don't think it'll do the deep dish for a Cobra wire. Probably better suited to MGs etc.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Btw. I've had my spinner removal tool from Lionel, so he does come up with the goods if you preserve.
Works a treat.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I'm not into jam-making, but I did persevere - however there's a limit as to how many times I am prepared to pester someone who is trying to enjoy their retirement!
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289Glenn »

Hello guys,

Today, I came across a new device made in the USA that is designed to remove spinners. It is called "Spinner 9-1-1" (911 is our emergency phone number in the states) The literature says it is designed for Cast "Halibrand" style wheels only. So, not the solution for 289 wire wheels. Approximate price is $165 USD. They say you can also use this device in conjunction with a lead hammer for "extreme" situations. I can only imagine the pain of having to use both. It appears to be very well made.

From their website:
Wheel spinners can become stuck on your vehicle for a variety of reasons: over tightening, lack of anti-seize, debris in threads, etc. The Spinner 9-1-1 tool from Cobra Valley helps remove broken or stuck spinners without damaging wheels or wheel spinners. The tool fits onto most Cobra wheels and has protective rubber caps and nylon tabs to safeguard the wheel’s finish. Once the tool is in position, the nut is tightened down until the spinner is loose, usually requiring 25 ft-lbs of torque or less.

262/673-4077 | www.performanceunlimited.com

I hope this is of help to someone.

Cheers,

Glenn
PS I attended a few of the Monterey Bay, CA automobile events this past weekend. My Hawk 289 was in attendance. Pictures and a report are in the works. What a glorious automotive weekend.