289 Cobra meeting on the continent

Club events that are going on around the world
Karl

289 Cobra meeting on the continent

Post by Karl »

This is for testing the interest for a 289 (club members and non-club 289 owners) meeting next year. Suggested location is the SPA Francorchamps race course. Events: Spa classic, or Spa summer classic or Spa six hours. This should be mainly for people who live in mainland Europe, but also everybody from the UK is welcome. One interesting topic to discuss could be the registration issues for kit cars in the different countries.
Any answers, suggestions, discussions on the forum under this topic or to: europe-officer@the289register.com
Hoping for a lot of feedback!
Best regards
Karl
peterpjb

Re: 289 Cobra meeting on the continent

Post by peterpjb »

i would like to join that meeting! very nice location and probably with the possibility of some track driving
David Large

Post by David Large »

Hi Karl,

Depending on the date I could well be interested in this trip. My son and I went to the Spa Classic in May this year and it was most enjoyable. We are considering going to the Monaco GP next year and I will be at the Le Mans Classic; and I have to fit in a number (minimum 8) competitive events as well. Mrs Large wants us to go on a beach holiday too!

Spa has great appeal.

regards

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

happy to attend Spa.............
Karl

Post by Karl »

Great and welcome interest from the UK already!
The main purpose for this meeting should be that 289 owners living in different mainland countries, who do not come to Silverstone, have a meeting point. Would be interesting to see different cars who have not appeared at the AGM. Also there are different registration issues in the different countries and it would be interesting to hear how the owners have overcome this problems.
So, hoping for response from these people (France ,Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium and even Sweden?
Best regards
Karl
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Of the 3 meetings at Spa, the only one that allows track time for car clubs is the Spa Classic in May.

Bill
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Ain't nuffin like racing there though, Billy Boy :lol:
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

How about this for some inspiration:

youtu.be/yLLePu7pdWc