IVA parts or a kit wanted

For Sale and Wanted Section
Ray Bettell

IVA parts or a kit wanted

Post by Ray Bettell »

Dear Members
Following my visit this weekend to the 289 stand at the NEC the very friendly people I met on the stand suggested I post a note on the forum to see if anyone has an IVA kit or some of the parts they would be interested in selling to me.

FYI I am building the ACE using a 1962 TR4 donor that unfortunately was beyond economic repair, I will be installing the TR 4 engine,gearbox and OD propshaft etc and will use the instruments wire wheels etc and as many other small parts from the TR.

Regards,

Ray Bettell
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: IVA parts or a kit wanted

Post by amulheirn »

Hi Ray - and welcome to the forum!

I have a few IVA things, but need to keep hold of them until I have passed - after which I would gladly pass them on. What stage are you at? If you're nearly complete, it probably isn't worth waiting for me.

Cheers,
Andy
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Hi Ray,

Welcome!

I've placed your request on the 289 Register Facebook page. I'll pass on any useful comments visitors might have.

Here's one from Gerry at Hawk Cars to be going on with. Maybe it's worth giving him a quick call:

"We do have a loan kit of bits, but some bits have not been returned to us at present. If we can't help, I'm sure someone can."

Phil
Ray Bettell

Post by Ray Bettell »

Thanks so much for the replies. I am expecting the chassis and body around Feb/March 2018. I have already restored the drive train and over the Xmas period will work on the front hubs and brakes. My plan is to start assembly as soon as the chassis arrives. I will not in reality need the IVA kit until April/May 2018.

I will contact the forum when April come around.

Thanks again,

Ray