Would you?

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Would you?

Post by amulheirn »

Maybe sacrilege on a Cobra-related forum, but would you consider building one of these? This is in the December 2017 edition of Complete Kit Car - gets a good review and costs about £55K to build apparently... A 'Mirage GT' made by some chaps based in Blackpool apparently:

mirage-250.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Would you?

Post by peterc »

I’m not particularly a fan of the blood red brigade but if I was then a copy of a 250 Lusso would have an attraction. I hope that there is sufficient differences to avoid potential legal action from Modena. I can’t read the text- what engine?
Peter C
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

It's a 2.8 BMW in the prototype, with 3.0 and M3 versions as options apparently...
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

I had a look at this at the NEC and have to say I wasnt impressed by the quality of the glass fibre. There was another replica at Goodwood which was a much better finish but was a lot more expensive. They are copies of the '250GT Berlinetta SWB' ( a real mouthfull that) fitted with the colombo V12, I think the current value of originals is around 2.5- 3 Million, and thats for the steel body, no idea what Alli ones go for.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Nice website - the video seems professionally put together.
SiJackson

Post by SiJackson »

There was one on Houx campsite at Le Mans last year. Whilst drunkenly staggering back to camp after the drivers parade in the early hours, it looked quite convincing. However, as often happens, what you saw the night before is often a very different beast the next morning.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

SiJackson wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:16 am However, as often happens, what you saw the night before is often a very different beast the next morning.
Ahhh.....That takes me back to my younger days, but it didn't relate to cars. :P
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

I would have to say no...just doesn't have the beauty of a 289 - where every angle is balance and just the right amount of curve. If I was to build again it may have to be a Hawk Ace!
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!