What will this scrap go for?

For Sale and Wanted Section
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: What will this scrap go for?

Post by KevinW »

I don't see any uprights or hubs?
If I hadn't got my money tied up in the Crendon I could have been quite interested.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I suppose the chassis albeit a replica is worth something if you compare it with a new replica from Gerry. Not sure how you would get a V5 on set of unknown origin set of parts. Q plate?
Peter C

Post by Guest »

The only reason why it is being sold is that it is a pile of old tat. If there was any chance of joining the dots with AC or an original vehicle then it would be finished.
I feel sorry for the poor bugger that ends up buying it as they will no doubt skip the lower half of the description.
Gerry is flogging a proper tubed chassis and aluminium shell and at least you'll get a receipt, chassis number and chance to register it on a proper reg (after you have got it through IVA).
JMHO
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

Guest?
As it stands it is probably pretty much on the money at £5k.
The chassis being the only thing of any real value. The other odds and ends would just be a bonus if any use.
I'm sure the seller would provide a receipt with it. So no worries there. And not the end of the world if they didn't.
This chassis would have no more trouble going through IVA than any other kit type car.
It will need new running gear, which would set you back a few bob, but so would any other original type chassis.
So. New chassis, new running gear. Add a new gearbox and a recon engine and you will get a "new" (2017/18) reg. ;-)

That chassis was advertised here:- www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php? ... al+chassis
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Did it sell or get withdrawn? Link now dead.
morgy

Post by morgy »

Owner wanted £30k+
I doubt it would have sold...
morgy

Post by morgy »

KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

no price on current ad?
Had I not got the current project, I'd have been tempted. A bitsa is still one up from a grp car.