Other topics
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Techical issues now resolved

Post by the289admin »

Hi all,

Just to update you on a couple of technical issues that should now be resolved:

1. Guest postings: For some reason, guests appear to have been able to post without logging in (example here). I'm not sure how long this has been the case for, but I have resolved this now - it may have pre-dated my administration, I'm not sure.

2. Email notifications: The forum should notify you by email if someone replies to a topic you have posted, or a topic you have contributed to. Some people have not been getting notifications, but this should now be resolved. Please contact wiki@the289register.com if you think you are still not receiving notifications.

Regards,

the289admin
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Techical issues now resolved

Post by peterc »

Andrew,
I thought that you had to select the option of being notified of forum postings. E.g. it wasn’t automatic.
I have never had any notifications as I hadn’t requested them.
Peter C
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Post by the289admin »

Hi Peter -

You may be right actually. Or maybe the forum software may have changed its default behaviour - as far as I can recall, I always received emails when someone replies to a topic I have posted in. I have a test user who also seems to get them.

For anyone who would like to configure their notifications, here's where you do it under the 'User Control Panel':
UCP-notifications.jpg
In the screenshot above, the 'notifications' are things that appear on the top bar on the right-hand-side by the little bell icon. And of course if you click the email option, it will also send you email notifications too. Quite useful to know someone has replied sometimes.

Kind regards,

the289admin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks Andrew.
Perhaps in future I will now use that facility on any subject I want to know how it’s progessing.
Peter C
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

FWIW I have always been receiving notifications.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!