Hawk 289 for sale.

For Sale and Wanted Section
genneton4

Hawk 289 for sale.

Post by genneton4 »

Hawk Cobra 289.

Super authentic looking Hawk 289 slabside in stunning Aston Martin DBR9 racing green.

RV8 Vitesse 3.5 engine, Edlebrock inlet manifold, Holley carburettor. Rebuilt LT77 gearbox. Certainly more than quick enough for this little car running an MGB live rear and sounds absolutely glorious right through the rev range. Upgraded MGB front suspension.

No hood but brand new Hawk tonneau. Built and correctly registered as a 'Hawk' in 2011 in by Talon Engineering who work closely with Hawk. All the nice bits then retrofitted post IVA, then Immaculate recent paint in 2014.

The interior features the correct 289 dash with electronic Smiths instruments. It has a wooden Motalita steering wheel, correct Hawk carpet set and black leather cobra bucket seats. Grey/silver (not chrome) spin on wire wheels with new Pirelli tyres, correct grill and chrome over-riders complete. All build receipts available . Selling due to me being too awkward to fit and be comfortable. If you have a big bum or legs like a giraffe don't bother !.

1500 miles since build, hardly used, runs very nicely. 120 miles in the last year, needs to be used properly.

Classy rather than Flashy. Terrific looking car in a gorgeous colour.

Car is in Nottingham. 0115 9521622.

Price: £33.500.

Car sold
Last edited by genneton4 on Fri May 11, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66gtk

Re: Hawk 289 for sale.

Post by 66gtk »

If only it was across the pond and LHD. This would be mine.
Curious about the long legged comment. How tall are you? I haven't test fitted a Hawk, but I fit into my ERA (barely) at 6'2", 200 lbs.
Cheers!
Troy
genneton4

Post by genneton4 »

Hi Troy, I'm only 6'2" but have very long femur.

Keith
66gtk

Post by 66gtk »

Thanks Keith. Yea, My knee goes right to the dash as well. Luckily my car does not have the traditional street car "dropped dash" or I doubt I could manage it. Still, I'd like a test drive in a Hawk some day as I really admire these cars - even though they are very rare here in the USA. Good luck with the sale.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I think you should be looking for more money for such a clean, low mileage, professionally built car.
I appreciate it ‘only ‘ has a 3.5 motor but should still command a good prices. Lack of use means it hasn’t yet gained any patina.
In the Spring of 2017 Hawk cars valued Rover engined Hawk’s with MGB suspension as £35k to £40k.
Best of luck with the sale. Spring is now nearly here so a good time to sell.
Peter C
genneton4

Post by genneton4 »

Car gone but be warned, it was very hard work.

Keith