MGB V5 and Rear Axel £125

For Sale and Wanted Section
Paul Anderson
T289R Member
T289R Member

MGB V5 and Rear Axel £125

Post by Paul Anderson »

I have a 1967 MGB V5 and rear axel for £125 if anyone is interested.

Best

Paul
agnoraan

Re: MGB V5 and Rear Axel £125

Post by agnoraan »

You could have a problem with this. When a historic vehicle changes hands now, there is a possibility that the new owner will be asked to provide photographic proof that the V5 corresponds with the car in question. DVLA are aware that people sell just the V5 identities of historic cars, without owning the actual car itself, and are clamping down on this practice.
DVLA ask for photos of the VIN plate, showing the rivets holding it in place, photos of the headlining, dashboard, interior, petrol flap open and closed, inside the boot with the carpets up, number plates fitted to the car front and rear and the front, rear and both sides of the car. The car also has to be complete and in a useable condition only requiring an mot. If its a project car a V5 won't be issued until it's ready to be put back on the road.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, don't shoot the messenger
Nige
Paul Anderson
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: MGB V5 and Rear Axel £125

Post by Paul Anderson »

Thanks Nige.

Bought this of a chap to build a hawk and thought someone might need it! If they do let me know. I have a complete car for my needs so have no use for it.

The car pertaining to the V5 has been broken down for parts so I think as long as you have 2 major components and are happy to surrender the V5 you will be given an age related plate. Not historic status. The V5 acts as evidence where the parts came from. If you want historic status it is a whole different ball game as you say. The big issue now is emissions!!!! Could scupper us all! Best. Paul.