Goodwood Revival attendance 2019

Club events that are going on around the world
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Goodwood Revival attendance 2019

Post by 289Glenn »

Hello everybody from sunny California,

My wife and I wish to attend the Goodwood Revival event this year. I am posting on the forum to see who in the register may be attending? While I cannot ship my Hawk 289 over, I would like to attend in proper attire. Arriving in something uniquely American and vintage would be fun. Can I get some suggestions for what to wear and a list of things to do that are on a "must-do" list? We were lucky enough to be able to visit Gerry's factory last year and see Gerry and Rhona. And we had a great time eating pizza and beer with Andy and John. I mean, what could be better than beer, pizza and 289s?

I am open minded to hear what to do and more importantly, what not to do. Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Glenn
CobStang

Re: Goodwood Revival attendance 2019

Post by CobStang »

Hi Glenn
I have been to every Revival, so May I offer the following.
Arrive early, past 7.45 am and you will likely queue on the road to get in.
Look at the weather forecast ! No point you wearing a cocktail dress if it is going to pee down with rain ( however, ahem, good you may look in it )
Go for it ! get paddock passes if you are a member, and grandstand seats at different locations on different days.
Take plenty of money :-) Your wife will have a ball in the traders village.
Book accommodation very early - like now if not done already.
Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Glen,
If you had anything to do with the military in the US then why not wear your old uniform?
Or perhaps a tweed cap and jacket and dark grey trousers ( sorry pants)
I’m sure that you can check on the web for suitable photos from previous years.
Your better half can either go for the glamorous ‘50 / 60’s dress or dress down to look like a WW2 land girl with blouse with a neck scarf plus slacks. Almost anything goes so long as it doesn’t look modern. Although they are comfortable avoid wearing trainers.
To park in the Classic area you will need a suitable pre ‘66 number plate ( that would be no later than a ‘D’ reg and of course know that number when booking your tickets.
As a guide to UK reg numbers. Previously just three numbers followed by three letters. Then the year letter was introduced.
Three letters followed by three numbers and then ‘A’ was 1963. B= 1964 etc.
You would need to google classic car hire companies but I would expect them to have already got people signed up for the event week end.
Hope that assists?
Peter C
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

peterc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:14 am
If you had anything to do with the military in the US then why not wear your old uniform?
Peter, if Glen is anything like me, there ain't no way that he could get into his old uniform!!! :lol:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Clive,

Sorry to hear youve got the same problem. I've got two dinner suits that have shrunk, I really must do something about the damp in that wardrobe!!

Allan
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289Glenn »

You guys are all too funny! Thank you for the advice. We will look into all of your suggestions. I will keep you posted on our plans.

Cheers,

Glenn
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Yes, Glenn, you NEED to find a GRRC member to buy your tickets, including paddock passes, otherwise you are missing out on the ‘inner sanctum’ which would be a shame.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!