Well I said I would.............

289, FIA & Daytona topics
CobStang

Re: Well I said I would.............

Post by CobStang »

Roger King wrote:*actually, it might be into the water jacket - I don't have a Cobra handy to check. Don't think so, though - think it's for the brake servo vacuum or PCV.
The plug behind the carb at a jaunty angle is for a vacuum take off.
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Well Migge, looks like both of us are up a certain water inlet without a certain implement. IVA very late this or early next year. At the moment it is rather iffy as I'm just slicing the 1" square section bar in two that runs between the doors to get the switch gear in. Roger again thanks for the help I was going to use a 14mm threaded tempsensor wired to a 6RA relay in the nose of the car with fans wired to run after engine off. I will take your advice re the water gauge and skip measuring various other irrelevant parameters. Build description sounds interesting and would be great to read about it in the magazine. Have a good weekend all.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi James,
Great progress, just be wary of splitting that scuttle frame bar :? I'd prefer it to bend rather than snap in the case of a prang.
Did Huw send you those octagonal spinners back?
I love that bracket you've made for the Harrison tank, who else has a expansion tank bracket that doubles as a tyre tread depth gauge! :P
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Due to the depth of the rotary switches I am using and having to stand the switches away from the back of the dash board I don't have much option but to split the bar. However, the replacement 1" square section tubing has a three inch overlap at each end and is welded both sides for these three inches and its also through bolted. I think if that lets go in a prang I might be past caring! No spinners yet. Again thanks for the help.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I'm sure I have a spare set of octagonal spinner if you want to borrow them.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

No need Clive,

I've already lent him a set, which he was kind enough to lend to Huw Smallwood!

Don't worry James, I've mailed Huw to ask him to return them and to reimburse your postage costs!! (There's asking for help and there's taking the Pi$$ :twisted:)
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

I'm sure that Huw is, like the rest of us busy, stressed out and fighting a rearguard action from the garage. That's all of us except Clive who is fighting a rearguard action from a new garage and Roger who has married the right sort who encourages him into the garage to build her something lovely. Whenever is fine as long as your spinners are safe and don't worry about the postage. Thanks for the offer Clive, very kind. Off to do the fuel: right got the chisel, mallet and eye protection..............not one of my finer moments and yet more vocal exercises. Have a good weekend all
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Cotton Mouth wrote:...Off to do the fuel: right got the chisel, mallet and eye protection..............not one of my finer moments and yet more vocal exercises. Have a good weekend all
It had to come. Poor chap's finally lost it. One geriatric male surgical wardround too many. The descent into gibberish is sad, but inevitable.
Another one not made it home. Ah well...

...concentrated weekend to come on the Mustang. Currently sitting in the garage with the timing cover, water pump, inlet manifold, sump, steering arms etc. off, rad out, chasing an elusive leak (almost certainly those cr*p Felpro gaskets again). Victor Reinz for me from now on...
Wouldn't normally be a problem, but we're off to Spain in it in a fortnight.
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

So, slightly better than your avatar then? wibble
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Cotton Mouth wrote:So, slightly better than your avatar then? wibble
I hope you made the correct arm gesture for that wibble, whilst wearing the appropriate headgear. Ni.