FAO 289 ADMIN LOG IN PROBLEM

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: FAO 289 ADMIN LOG IN PROBLEM

Post by amulheirn »

Some more thoughts- I don’t think forum PMs are used all that much, but I might be wrong.

If you want to get in touch with a forum member you can click on the name of the poster, and you should see two options - send email, and send PM. Email might be a more reliable method.

Of course if you were a paid-up club member you would be able to see other members on a map and even get their phone number.
cobraboy

Post by cobraboy »

amulheirn wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:24 pm Sorry for the delay replying.

Yes you’re right - messages stay in the outbox until the recipient opens it. Counter-intuitive I know, but I can’t change this unfortunately.

With regard to login issues, there is an ‘I forgot my password’ link on the login page that you can click to reset your password. It works pretty much like every other website- sends you an email with a link to click on that allows a password reset.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Andy
I will make Hobbs aware of this, thank you for your assistance.
cobraboy

Post by cobraboy »

My network of spies and informants have told me that Hobbs is now back amongst us.

Thanks to all who assisted.
cobraboy

Post by cobraboy »

amulheirn wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:28 pm Some more thoughts- I don’t think forum PMs are used all that much, but I might be wrong.

If you want to get in touch with a forum member you can click on the name of the poster, and you should see two options - send email, and send PM. Email might be a more reliable method.

Of course if you were a paid-up club member you would be able to see other members on a map and even get their phone number.
Hi
It appears emails are not available to non members.

Becoming a paid up member is not as easy as it may seem with this club if your membership lapses. The online form will not accept members trying to re join as their details are already in use, and the system will not allow former members to log in as new members. There is no way to download an application form and post.

I have sent you a PM request for assistance.

Thank you.
cobraboy

Post by cobraboy »

Responded to your PM.
Thank you.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

When reminders go out it clearly states members details will be deleted and a complete new account may have to be created when their membership lapses. It is a bug in the system that past usernames become blocked and they need to be manually unblocked and reinstated. Sometimes people are critical of delayed response times but also may not consider that all committee members are also paid up members that offer their time voluntarily and also we have day jobs. I check in as frequently as time allows and some days don’t even review my personal email account. I very rarely get any responses from reminders that I manually send out and have to second guess what people want to happen. We try to do our best. :D

Post by cobraboy »

Thank you for your response.
I would like to say that at no time have I, nor would I be critical of any work done by a club official.

In my case, having conducted a search of my emails I cannot find a club mail in my history, it is entirely possible that my renewal invite got sent to junk, and then was deleted on a routine emptying of the folder.
This unfortunate situation led to the membership lapse.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Mark,
The mail went out on 27/7/22. Also Andy has advised you the revised details of the status of your account which should have resolved any issues you may have experienced. He and I message each other fairly frequently.
Cheers

Post by cobraboy »

Thank you for the info. Yes I have been informed that the door is open.
Ta M