Fuel return line

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
simonjrwinter

Fuel return line

Post by simonjrwinter »

Sometime in the future, I’m thinking of fitting an efi system. This will need a fuel return to the tank……although the tank has been fitted, It’s never had any fuel in it so now would be the ideal time to fit a (blanked off) return to it.
Where’s the best place to fit it and can anyone suggest an aluminum welder in the se area?
Thanks
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
StuBaker

Re: Fuel return line

Post by StuBaker »

Hi Simon.
I have Edelbrock ProFlo4 fitted which is manifold injection. Love it.
Fuel return goes in at the top in the middle of the tank and flow is at the bottom directed away from the pump feed to reduce aeration and swirling. If you had a big enough inspection hole you could perhaps drill and insert a tank fitting at the bottom, away from the pump inlet.
One point to note is the higher fuel temperatures. You may not experience this with non manifold injection systems but I think the fuel rails on mine expose the circulating fuel to high under bonnet temperatures and the tank gets hot. Really hot.
I am fitting a Range Rover fuel cooler right now. Should help. I used braided rubber pipe ( AN6) too so will now replace lines outside of the engine bay with ally to help cooling.
Stu
StuBaker

Re: Fuel return line

Post by StuBaker »

Here it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.